The Official FB Jam - Water Rats (Woking) Edition - 13th April 2019

What's Hot

Comments

• BTW I think @McToot is on holiday atm. I'm sure he'd like to sign up if he's available.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Any reason I haven't been added to the list yet? Is it the prospect of a silly guitar again?
    *cough* administration error *cough*

All done now....*whistles*
  • Any reason I haven't been added to the list yet? Is it the prospect of a silly guitar again?
    *cough* administration error *cough*

All done now....*whistles*
    Ta muchley  :)
  • Money sent...
  • BTW, if all the spots fill up and there are new players or new attendees still wanting to join in, .I won't be adverse to giving up my spot if it helps others join in the fun. 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    @Bridgehouse my 15 year old lad - Herbie - who has just recently started playing guitar would love to come to Water Rats in April. Not sure what the protocol is regarding +1s but more than happy to pay, but he won't play anything live - just absorb the endless wisdom of the collective (or at least not pick up any terrible habits). 

Let me know what I'd need to do?

p.s. he may bring the Hondo I bought off @Flanging_Fred ;
    Fuengi said:
    @Bridgehouse my 15 year old lad - Herbie - who has just recently started playing guitar would love to come to Water Rats in April. Not sure what the protocol is regarding +1s but more than happy to pay, but he won't play anything live - just absorb the endless wisdom of the collective (or at least not pick up any terrible habits). 

As per the others who have asked if they can bring along offspring - I have nominally adopted the "under 18's accompanied by their parent(s) welcome at no charge" policy - mainly as I feel strongly about encouraging young people to take up guitar and live music - they are the future and we should be encouraging them.

Plus the fact @lovestrat74 's lad was an inspiration at Woking last time.
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 227
    edited August 2018
    Would love to come to this as it’s a Southern one but just haven’t got the funds right now as my job went tits up. If I do find work though I will be jumping back on to see if there are still spaces!  
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    Fuengi said:

As per the others who have asked if they can bring along offspring - I have nominally adopted the "under 18's accompanied by their parent(s) welcome at no charge" policy - mainly as I feel strongly about encouraging young people to take up guitar and live music - they are the future and we should be encouraging them.

Plus the fact @lovestrat74 's lad was an inspiration at Woking last time.
    And I am more than happy to pay for Jr or even a Jr rate ;). Just let me know, no problem..
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    Paid :)
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4436
    I'm in!  PPG incoming.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    Tone71 said:
    Paid :)
    @Tone71 - I can probably associate  your userID to your PP addy - but would you just PM me to confirm please.

And a big shouty  note to all others -

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FORUM ID IN YOUR PP PAYMENT !!

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Wow, well it seems like I am going to be a Water Rats jam member!!! 
    All thanks to a very kind and generous forumite who I am incredibly thankful to. 
    As I am a ‘jam virgin’ is there anything else that I need to do at the moment? Other than practise practise practise of course!!!!!
    I am blown away, scared, but most of all very excited !!!
    Blackjack said:
    All thanks to a very kind and generous forumite who I am incredibly thankful to. 
    As I am a ‘jam virgin’ is there anything else that I need to do at the moment? Other than practise practise practise of course!!!!!
    Brilliant. Brilliant. I will get your name down. PM me any payment details if you need to.

as a jam virgin, I'd PM @darthed1981 and ask his advice :)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    Blackjack said:
    Brilliant. Brilliant. I will get your name down. PM me any payment details if you need to.

@blackjack please feel free
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    Blackjack said:

And then ignore it all and just turn up and do whatever
    ;)

I'd already put your name down when I saw the PP come through and the message on it.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Blackjack said:
    Ear plugs and longer guitar lead were my main points to note after the first jam!
    @Blackjack - stoked for you and look forward to seeing you on the day. 

One bit to note - you will need to come up with 3 song suggestions, and as a "Jam Virgin" you will get priority for a song choice in the "newcomers" 5 slots.. so I would put some thought into that. 

I'm going to be launching the thread for Woking songlist later this week.
    Blackjack said:

@blackjack please feel free
    Thanks loads! I will drop you a message in a while

munckee said:
    Blackjack said:
    Ear plugs and longer guitar lead were my main points to note after the first jam!

i have got a long lead which is great! Thanks for the tip!