Digital Pianos

What's Hot
Having played keyboards many years ago, I fancy a digital piano with proper piano action/weighted keys.

However, I don't really want to spend too much, so have been looking at what's available secondhand, but my minds overloaded with options.
Anybody got any suggestions on what's good, or what to avoid? Be that makes/models/features.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    Yamaha P series are good. Anything north of the P80 is a decent starter and not silly money
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Roland are good as well.

Piano players seem to split into two camps with Yamaha/Roland a bit like Guitarists do with Gibson/Fender.

I'm not a pianist at all, but I've always preferred the sound of Roland ones (when played by someone competent).  With the older ones, I know some piano players who said the Yamaha key action was better, but I know Roland have upgraded that on their newer models.

We bought a Roland FP30 for our daughter.  Really pleased with it.  It has nice touches like keys with an ivory feel rather than the shiny plastic that a lot have.  It can be had for under £500 new, so you ought to be able to get one second hand for less if you can find one.

Be careful with Yamaha model numbers.  It's not just a matter of getting a P series with a number higher than 80.  The P100 dates from 1992, and the P150 dates from 1995.  The sounds on those are nowhere near as good as budget stuff that is 20 years newer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    I bought a 2nd hand clavinova, it's lovely to play most of the time, but it has been a pain in the ass in that odd keys keep sticking. I've replaced about 8 so far! 2nd hand can be worn out! My mum has a clavinova and it has a wonderful action, amazingly good. It is a real joy to play
  • i bought a Yamaha P 155? for my kids to learn on...seems very nice has good sound weighted keys etc and wasnt that expensive..also easy to move about if thats n issue 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited August 2018
    I'm using an old Yamaha PF series as a midi controller, which I picked up for next to nothing. Sounds great with VST pianos, and has 88 weighted piano keys.

Please note, I am not a concert pianist 
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.