Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho OUT!!!!

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
Sh*te manager and no way a fit for Man U. Bugger off with your dull, negative, boring, defensive football you grumpy git.

Wo should we get instead? Right now I'd take Robbie Savage's mum if she was available. Quite frankly anyone would do as an upgrade. 

please please please please please sack him.

OK, I'll shut up now.
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I'm not sure why anyone offers him anything more than a 2 year contract, 3rd season usually goes like this for him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    I’ve heard David Moyes is good - but then again - I’m no expert....
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    Gerard Houliier or Rafa Benitez would be good bets 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Rumours abound that Zidane would be interested...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    edited August 2018
    I actually think the Mourinho bubble burst during real and Chelsea pt 2. He's stopped making players better and his teams just dont seem to enjoy playing for him. During Chelsea pt 1 and Inter his sides seemed really cohesive.

He's also not a draw for top players any more, which partly explains the lack of summer transfers. Half of his team wants out.

Gone by xmas I reckon.

I think he needs a break, but it's hard to see any top club going for him now. I think football has moved on and left him. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    axisus said:
    Who should we get instead? 
    Who is this "we"? 
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14038
    edited August 2018 tFB Trader
    I actually think the Mourinho bubble burst during real and Chelsea pt 2. He's stopped making players better and his teams just don't seem to enjoy playing for him. During Chelsea pt 1 and Inter his sides seemed really cohesive.

He's also not a draw for top players any more, which partly explains the lack of summer transfers. Half of his team wants out.

Gone by xmas I reckon.

I think he needs a break, but it's hard to see any top club going for him now. I think football has moved on and left him. 
    think the key phrase is 'his teams just don't enjoy playing for him' - Happened at Milan, R Madrid and Chelsea - For some reason it does not happen - I was a Mourinho fan when he first appeared - almost a breath of fresh air - but gone stale and moody
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Alan Pardew is without a club at the moment I believe
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Something rotten in him which is a shame....personally I will be glad to see him gone..Rafa Benitez would do a good job
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    I predict a steady decline for Man U as they get 'knocked off their perch" by the noisy neighbours across town. So, you need someone like Graeme Souness in charge who can accelerate the process and reduce the pain.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641

Personally I think there’s bigger issues than just Mourhino.  Club scouting, coaching, ethos, youth development, direction.  Suddenly looking for a Director of Football. It can’t all be Mourhino making good players bad.  Ed Woodward is seen as a success due to ever increasing revenue but from a footballing side his tenure has been poor and that is partly the clubs achilles heel - they generate masses of revenue depite mediocre on the pitch performances.

I think the season needs to run its course, I’m not a fan of early sackings and whilst i don’t think he’s the man for the job, sacking so early in the season may do more harm than good.
    Zidane is an obvious replacement if required, he is available and wants to come to the premier league apparantly, but how he’d transfer to the EPL is an unknown and he certainly wouldn’t have the quality he had at Madrid.   Plus it would be another 2-3 year transitional period which fans don’t have the patience for nowadays (especially as it would be the 4th in a row since SAF).

For Mourhino, it’s last chance really, he has to succeed and make the most of the squad he has.  If he get’s sacked would he get another big club?
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Something rotten in him which is a shame....personally I will be glad to see him gone..Rafa Benitez would do a good job

I can't see Benitez choosing Man U, nor can I see Man U choosing him, massive Liverpool connection, don't think either would be interested.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    I think in the long term mourinho will be a good thing for Man U, after he implodes at some point his season the new manager will be a breath of fresh air, mourninho has at least removed ferguson's shadow.
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    I used to find him quite amusing until the episode with the female club doctor. Now I think he's a weapons-grade helmet, and enjoy seeing him fail.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641
    underdog said:
    Something rotten in him which is a shame....personally I will be glad to see him gone..Rafa Benitez would do a good job

I can't see Benitez choosing Man U, nor can I see Man U choosing him, massive Liverpool connection, don't think either would be interested.
    I agree, never going to happen.  I like Benitez but he’s not ever going to end up at United for the 2 reasons you say.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    axisus said:
    Who should we get instead? 
    Who is this "we"? 
    Come off it. You know how it works..

so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    edited August 2018
    in fairness he again got none of the players he wanted this summer and he inherited a woeful bunch of sulky divas. They actually overachieved last season...

All Pogba is good for is being able to get the team kite out the tree...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

In the absence of any entertaining, joined up football at present, I'll settle instead for how this Peyton Place type drama is both played out and handled by the dramatis personae...should keep me going until at least January.

Here's how I see it going...a relegation dogfight from xmas onwards - do us all the power of good. We win the Champions League against Juventus, three days after confirming top flight survival by beating Cardiff 1-0 ,down to eight men for 30 mins....

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12315
    I reckon Steve McLaren will be available very soon. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    57Deluxe said:
    in fairness he again got none of the players he wanted this summer and he inherited a woeful bunch of sulky divas. They actually overachieved last season...

All Pogba is good for is being able to get the team kite out the tree...
    In all fairness? He plays negative, pragmatic football, he can't improve players (like Pep does), his dour demeanour affects players, he calls players out in public, he's a poor loser. I don't mind not winning all the time if Man U play the right way, which is attacking football not park the bus. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom