Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho OUT!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    axisus said:
    Who should we get instead? 
    Who is this "we"? 
    My surname happens to be Glazer smart arse!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I just don't get Jose's need to pretend to be hard done by. He has spent a lot of money in the past 2 seasons, was backed by the club in the market and now he's acting like he's got a team full of Sunday league players, they are players he bought, for a lot of money.

He's like a child trying to shift focus to Liverpool or city, blaming refs or individual players (or youth players as per preseason).

He looks like a man waiting to get sacked so he can enjoy the money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641
    57Deluxe said:

All Pogba is good for is being able to get the team kite out the tree...
    And winning world cups.....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1839
    Maybe it is time for one of your greatest players to make a triumphant come back as manager?

Mark Hughes. (Please take him.)
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4941
    Sam Alardice. Kept Everton in the PL but bored/frustrated supporters in the process. An ideal fit for Man Utd....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Sesh said:
    Maybe it is time for one of your greatest players to make a triumphant come back as manager?

Mark Hughes. (Please take him.)
    Isn’t it about time Dave Beckham did a stint as inspirational motivator? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I honestly wish him many more years st United. Long may he reign. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    Its just his style of football is really outdated now. Footballs moved on from the whole Park the bus / counter mentality. Teams are better at shutting down the counters and better at breaking down the bus.

He's never gonna get the best out of his players by playing such a passion destroying style of football. None of them can show anything of their own flair in this set up.

At this stage I'd happily take Zidane just because he generally plays a more interesting attacking style of football, but it'd be interesting to see if he can do that with a team like United, with potential, but massively underperforming, rather than a team like the Madrid team he took over. However, I'm not 100% sure he as the pull as a manager to get big signings as he's relatively unproven.

The obvious ideal successor is Pochettino, but I cant see him going to united in our current situation, even if spurs go another year without silverware.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9443
    boogieman said:
    I reckon Steve McLaren will be available very soon. 
    Not soon enough ar kid... shameful at my beloved Rangers at the moment...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    Mourinho out?

I didn't even know he was batting.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Mourinho is perfect for Man Utd .... the great underachievers of British football .... ;-)

I hear there's a Mrs Ferguson whose fed up with her husband moping round the house and watching horse racing on the TV all day ... she's looking for something he could do to get out more ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3487
    ash96 said:
    Its just his style of football is really outdated now. Footballs moved on from the whole Park the bus / counter mentality. Teams are better at shutting down the counters and better at breaking down the bus.
    I agree and disagree. 

France won the WC playing counter attacking football and Atleti and notably Leicester also won the their domestic leagues not playing possession football but defensive/counter football.  So there is no problem with playing such a tactic. 

To play counter attacking football, teams require incredibly mobile attacking players and defensive MF's who can sit deep to protect the back line and break up play.  Which is what JM does at times but it's the occasions when the team has to attack when problems really arise. 

IMO, what makes JM's football fail is that his teams do not have an identity, and they struggle to win the ball back and to tackle.  The two things which are essential to possession football, then counter attacking football. 

Of course it's only been 2 games to the season and there's every reason why the team can't improve but I fail to see how JM can address many of the issues as the personnel isn't there. 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    axisus said:
    Triple barrelled, huh?
    Be seeing you.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    axisus said:
    Triple barrelled, huh?

I honestly wish him many more years st United. Long may he reign. 
    Yes, we married into the Glazers, I come from a long line of Smart-Arse's
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    ash96 said:

Of course it's only been 2 games to the season and there's every reason why the team can't improve but I fail to see how JM can address many of the issues as the personnel isn't there. 

I know it's only 2 games, but last season we had some shockers (more than acceptable) and the preseason was beyond bad.  

What doesn't help is the social media team, sharing endless videos of the Bayern vs Utd highlights which was 2 minutes of Bayern chances as Utd didn't have a shot on target.

Also, he is going on about CBs, but Lindelof and Baily were both signed by him....
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Seriously? There have been only 2 games.

Cast your mind back to the Moyes era, Man U fans were screaming for Mourinho. Now they're screaming for Zidane after 2 games. Be careful what you wish for is what I say.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    They don't call it Moanchester United for nothing........
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    BBBlues said:
    Seriously? There have been only 2 games.

Cast your mind back to the Moyes era, Man U fans were screaming for Mourinho. Now they're screaming for Zidane after 2 games. Be careful what you wish for is what I say.

I don't think it is just these 2 games, most of last season was pretty dire on the field, just they got goals when needed. I've heard plenty of Man U fans who wanted him out based purely on the type of football he has them playing.
  • So, after 2 games, City have already won it, and Mourinho's a cnut? 

Same as this time last year then, we may as well all pack up and go the fook home...

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    Strange...I thought twats and man utd were meant for eachother.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom