5th Birthday Jam and Gig Reaction, Photos and Videos

What's Hot

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    Beauty is in the eye (ear?) of the beholder. I still hate hearing myself sing. I'd like to sound like Paul Rodgers or Bryan Adams but to me I sound like George Formby :p

Anyway, the sound was great in the room and it's really interesting to hear two completely improvised solos over the same chords. I would never think to play the phrases that @richardhomer is playing and I'm sure he'll say the same about me. Both those sounds were PRS DGTs through Katanas and by the way.

Props to @Phil_aka_Pip who jumped in on bass and @mrkb who had never drummed on that song before.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Both those sounds were PRS DGTs through Katanas and by the way. 
    Actually I was plugged into someone’s (sorry I can’t remember who’s) boutique Marshallesque head which had controls I didn’t understand. :)

I thought it sounded too dull in the room - but on the video it sounds very ‘right’ in the context of the song.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5325
    I think that was @Modellista 's Palmer head, which was a bit of a monster.

• Props to @Phil_aka_Pip who jumped in on bass
    er, fanx ... sorry about the bum notes :s I wonder if @Sasquatch_Bob managed to edit them out
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself

• Props to @Phil_aka_Pip who jumped in on bass
    er, fanx ... sorry about the bum notes :s I wonder if @Sasquatch_Bob managed to edit them out
    I haven't managed to edit anything (apart from the first 3 songs from Saturday afternoon) yet as my studio Mac has decided now is a good time to die. All the recordings are safely backed up and I'm buying a new Mac this weekend so I should be back on track with the editing and mixing next week.

That said, the bum notes will be staying where they are. All adds to the character of the song :)
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169

I thought it sounded too dull in the room - but on the video it sounds very ‘right’ in the context of the song.
    Richard it's spot on. And it's a great band performance, be chuffed all.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578

Props to @Phil_aka_Pip who jumped in on bass
    I haven't managed to edit anything (apart from the first 3 songs from Saturday afternoon) yet as my studio Mac has decided now is a good time to die. All the recordings are safely backed up and I'm buying a new Mac this weekend so I should be back on track with the editing and mixing next week.

That said, the bum notes will be staying where they are. All adds to the character of the song :)
    Sorry to hear about the Mac - hope it wasn't us that killed it :)
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    If memory serves While My Guitar Gently Weeps that was the last ever song recorded on that Mac.  Perhaps those bum notes were the last straw :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    Great stuff guys. Music is the Best.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • If memory serves While My Guitar Gently Weeps that was the last ever song recorded on that Mac.  Perhaps those bum notes were the last straw :)
    Yes it was :)

However, the Mac actually expired just as I finished mixing Beat It. Draw your own conclusions haha
  • Just a quick update on the mixing. My replacement Mac has arrived. I got it connected up and switched on last night and it appears I have a working studio again. Going to spend this evening configuring everything properly in Pro-tools and testing. Hopefully it will all be fine and I can finally get on with finishing the jam tracks for you all!
    I’ll keep you posted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Just a quick update on the mixing. My replacement Mac has arrived. I got it connected up and switched on last night and it appears I have a working studio again. Going to spend this evening configuring everything properly in Pro-tools and testing. Hopefully it will all be fine and I can finally get on with finishing the jam tracks for you all!
    I’ll keep you posted.
    Nice one Bob! Glad you are up and running again. IT failures are a pain in the arse..! No rush with the tracks - get your studio working again first!
  • Thanks, I appreciate that. I know everyone wants to hear their performances so I’ll get them done ASAP.
    it’s been a right pain. I’ve had to cancel several recording sessions and spent 3 days with the computer in pieces trying to make the bloody thing work. I gave up in the end and resorted to buying a new one (new to me anyway).
    Fingers crosses it’s all systems go now :)
  • @Sasquatch_Bob I can't help thinking it was my awful screeching on Power of Love that killed your old one. It probably just decided to end it all!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    As we had just done a run through of Come Together and were just about to do the recorded version, I hope @legionreturns reason is correct as well!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • @Modellista are there any more videos from the gig still to come? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    @Modellista are there any more videos from the gig still to come? 
    Hey man, yes there are, I think three band tracks (including Ace Of Spades!) and the acoustic stuff if @vasselmeyer and @Phil_aka_Pip want to see them.

The Mrs has been pining with me spending too much time in front of the computer (no joke!) so progress has reached a hiatus.

Will have some time tomorrow night so hopefully get some more done then.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    @Modellista Thanks for the offer, but not really interested in my acoustic stuff. I just did it for a laugh and to fill a couple of spots. I'd like to see whatever other band videos when you have enough time to do them.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669

The Mrs has been pining with me spending too much time in front of the computer (no joke!) so progress has reached a hiatus.
    Lucky bugger, "pining"?  I get glaring and "you care more about the fretboard than anyone else"...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616

Lucky bugger, "pining"?  I get glaring and "you care more about the fretboard than anyone else"...
    I get "Hey what was that you just played?... Teach me that now !"