R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8175
    Rabs said:
    There is definitely science behind the suggestion that wood submerged in water for decades sounds better, right? This wouldn't just be absolute marketing dogmash, would it...

Nice Les Pauls though. @peachguitarsdotcom Any other ones likely to be joining the price reductions (for those of us preferring non-59 necks?)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hattigol said:
    Rabs said:
    There is definitely science behind the suggestion that wood submerged in water for decades sounds better, right? This wouldn't just be absolute marketing dogmash, would it...

Nice Les Pauls though. @peachguitarsdotcom Any other ones likely to be joining the price reductions (for those of us preferring non-59 necks?)
    Nothing at the moment but anything can happen at the moment 
  • Hattigol said:
    Rabs said:

Are you after something thicker?
  • mortmort Frets: 718
    WezV said:
    Something tells me it’s  going to be an interesting Black Friday on Amazon 
    I think this is unlikely as they don’t appear to have much stock to clear. Certainly no ‘high end’ stuff like they had a couple of years ago, eg no Standards or ES models, it’s just a few Studios.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    I’ve never been to Peach - they’re not exactly on my doorstep - but it looks a fantastic store. And even when someone has an unnecessary pop at them in an otherwise positive thread - they come back with good grace.

Obviously good guys. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve never been to Peach - they’re not exactly on my doorstep - but it looks a fantastic store. And even when someone has an unnecessary pop at them in an otherwise positive thread - they come back with good grace.

Obviously good guys. 
    I can see the point, it is is more expensive than a new one with a gig bag but these were just more money to start with and are just more collectible as they were a limited edition. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4700
    edited August 2018
    No need to explain at all, the rest of us know why it's that price and also there isn't a load of stock of these about either. Unfortunately someone always has to lower the tone here, scaring decent shops and businesses away. Seeing a class, and as Richardhomer said graceful reply says it all. Thanks for sticking around! 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16542
    mort said:
    WezV said:
    Something tells me it’s  going to be an interesting Black Friday on Amazon 
    I think this is unlikely as they don’t appear to have much stock to clear. Certainly no ‘high end’ stuff like they had a couple of years ago, eg no Standards or ES models, it’s just a few Studios.
    I said it would be interesting, not that they were definitely going to have some deals.

we know Amazon will get used to dump an excess of unpopular models.  The question is whether that excess exists like it did after 2015.  

It’s good that the dealers are getting to offer some deals on more popular stuff.  I imagine this is better for Gibson and the dealers than the Amazon approach
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    Hattigol said:
    Rabs said:

There was a suggestion on another thread recently that wood that sinks would be denser, and therefore worse for guitars than the stuff that floats. Who knows what remaining under water goes on to do to its tonal properties! ;)
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16542
    fftc said:
    Hattigol said:
    Rabs said:

There was a suggestion on another thread recently that wood that sinks would be denser, and therefore worse for guitars than the stuff that floats. Who knows what remaining under water goes on to do to its tonal properties! ;)
    That was me... but remember there are two processes here.  The first made the tree dense and it sunk.   The second is what happens to it once it’s in the water.

i am led to believe the water washes away a lot of the stuff that dissipates slowly as wood ages.

however, as always it’s buyer beware.  Buried wood from the bottom of a lake may end up denser, wood left in a fast flowing fresh water stream may end up lighter.  It will all get sold as sunken wood
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8774
    WezV said:

i am led to believe the water washes away a lot of the stuff that dissipates slowly as wood ages.

Shiver me timbers?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited August 2018
    Just wondering, if you don't want a wanky flame top clown burst Les Paul, and you want p90s, what do you do?

I am guessing none of these offers apply to a nice p90 sporting goldtop?
    Give them (John) a ring there is no harm in asking is there?

That looks very much my cup of tea but I know if I buy one it would end up on here within 3 months for £1250 ...
    Oh do buy one, Con :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    JerkMoans said:
    That looks very much my cup of tea but I know if I buy one it would end up on here within 3 months for £1250 ...
    Just so I can buy it off you for £1250 ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    JerkMoans said:
    Oi: get in line, pal.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    JerkMoans said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Oi: get in line, pal.
    Ha ha. There you go you have buyers lining up already @DrCornelius lol 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Sometimes I hate this forum...

(R8 on order)
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    terada said:
    Sometimes I hate this forum...

(R8 on order)
    Outstanding work.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1340
    Not often I say this about a new guitar but that is a good deal..
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2329
    Strat54 said:
    I'd rather spend the money on a used SIlver Sky that costs more than a new one....
      http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/prs-john-mayer-jm-silver-sky-launch-edition-onyx-used.htm
    The ones with the case were more expensive. nice try though and thanks for sharing the Link. 

Trying nothing John, just demonstrating a point. Quite a few used ones coming on to the market (US) now, both the first 500 and gigbag edition. Going to be no shortage of them by the looks of it. First screamers coming on to forums too complaining about saddles rusting and numbers wearing off the knobs. Oh lord. Keep my commision for the next purchase thanks  ;) 
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom