KZ ZST headphones for IEM - amazing for less than £11!

What's Hot
robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
These just arrived and frankly, I'm stunned! The quality, particular in the midrange, is amazing - not just for the money but compared to much more expensive headphones! Bass is a bit more woolly but I do have significant hearing loss so they are probably fine for someone with decent hearing!

I paid £11 delivered from China and they took a couple of weeks to get here. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KZ-ZST-Professional-Dynamic-HiFi-Music-In-Ear-Earphones-Noise-Canceling-with-Mic/112992444442?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• David5150David5150 Frets: 118
    worth a punt for 11 quid - cheers, will check them out
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    I've found them to be improved by using foam tips rather than the stock rubber ones and there's an upgraded cable which is a bit less microphonic too. They're amazing for the price though and I prefer them to my more expensive pair of KZ ZS6.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    Where do you get the foam tips and upgraded cable @BigMonka ;

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    robwright said:
    Where do you get the foam tips and upgraded cable @BigMonka ;

I think that the best ones are the Comply T500s, but I went for the super cheap option and have been impressed. I got my ZSTs and accessories all from gearbest.com but they're probably on eBay too
    Foam tips: https://www.gearbest.com/headphone-accessories/pp_631662.html?wid=1433363
    Cable: https://www.gearbest.com/headphone-accessories/pp_1573085.html?wid=1433363
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    edited July 2018
    I have a number of KZs and they have a couple of new models ES4 and ED16 which I much prefer over the ZST.  I buy from Aliexpress and/or Gearbest. 

edit - The black ES4 is currently £11.20 on Gearbest https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_1838201.html?wid=1433363#goodsDetail

• BradBrad Frets: 658
    shuikit said:
    I have a number of KZs and they have a couple of new models ES4 and ED16 which I much prefer over the ZST.  I buy from Aliexpress and/or Gearbest. 

Out of interest, why do you prefer those ones? I’m in the market for IEM on a budget and for the price I guess it’s not really a big deal which I get.  They just seem to have a lot of options and I don’t know where to start!
    Not being great at articulating this sort of thing, they just sound a bit more 'musical' to me.  ED16 have more prominent mids. 

Just seen today that you can get ES4 for $10 on GB with a code, select the free postage option

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/2018-7-13-gearbest-daily-deals-updated-kz-ate-s-4-99-kz-es4-hifi-9-99-kz-zs5-19-99more.832367/page-112#post-14356986

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    I've ordered the z10s for 30 quid off Amazon, should be here by 26th July so should be interesting!
  • BradBrad Frets: 658
    @shuikit you’ve articulated yourself perfectly well there, appreciate that. I guess the beauty of them being so cheap is it’s pretty easy to try any others out, but I’ll give them a go first. Thanks!
    Brad said:
    @shuikit you’ve articulated yourself perfectly well there, appreciate that. I guess the beauty of them being so cheap is it’s pretty easy to try any others out, but I’ll give them a go first. Thanks!
    Yea, they're cheap enough that not the end of the world if they're rubbish. Though so far out of 7 different models (the downside of them being cheap!) I've got, they've all sounded really good, some I've preferred over others for various reasons. One I didn't really get on with though that was because I couldn't get them to fit comfortably (ZSR).

Here's a massive thread about them
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread.698148

shuikit said:
    Not being great at articulating this sort of thing, they just sound a bit more 'musical' to me.  ED16 have more prominent mids. 

Just seen today that you can get ES4 for $10 on GB with a code, select the free postage option

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/2018-7-13-gearbest-daily-deals-updated-kz-ate-s-4-99-kz-es4-hifi-9-99-kz-zs5-19-99more.832367/page-112#post-14356986

Thanks @shuikit - just ordered 2 pairs of ES4's for £16 delivered!

So mine have arrived and so far, they seem ok. I only have a pair of the free LD systems buds so compare to but so far, so good. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    shuikit said:
    Brad said:
    Yea, they're cheap enough that not the end of the world if they're rubbish. Though so far out of 7 different models (the downside of them being cheap!) I've got, they've all sounded really good, some I've preferred over others for various reasons. One I didn't really get on with though that was because I couldn't get them to fit comfortably (ZSR).

Here's a massive thread about them
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread.698148

How do they compare to shure's? I have some 315's that cost a lot more than that but if they're ballpark im tempted to pick up a set as a backup.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    edited July 2018
    Definitely good enough for a backup pair! 

As you may have seen else where, I sold my Kz 10s. They are large and bulky in my ears, needed to be really pushed in my skull for decent bass and they were abit buzzy/fizzy. 
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Jetfire said:
    As you may have seen else where, I sold my Kz 10s. They are large and bulky in my ears, needed to be really pushed in my skull for decent bass and they were abit buzzy/fizzy. 
    :D ...which I bought. :) They are fairly large, but luckily seem to be a good fit for me, although I will put foam tips on. Soundwise, I'd say not very flat response - the bass is pretty emphasized, and also the treble end is a bit OTT. But they respond quite well to some careful eq-ing, and the resolution and clarity really is excellent. Also, the bass response extends into the properly low stuff - it's really good, just for my taste needs dialing back a bit. Glad I snapped them up anyhow :)