Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The mysterious world of ThorpyFx

What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    ThorpyFX said:
    Cabicular said:
    Just ordered a Team medic and a morningstar
    get soldering ! ;)
    Thanks very much! You’ll love them both!
    I pretty much love them all Adrian.
    would love a delay and a flanger with your trademark quality. I have everything you have done apart from the Veteran SI since I have the Ge and even though I use a Helix for live work. I can’t help sneak the odd drive pedal in the loop
    would love to gig my Thorpy only board though
    I really do owe you a proper demo recorded well of the pedals. I hate the sound of my own voice and editing is a pain but I will get round to it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    Well I've just had chance to really mess with the Veteran Si, and I absolutely love it...the boost side is so much fun when you combine it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    Any news of a phase on the horizon Mr thorpy?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    Nice local industry we have now in my neck of the woods, with Thorpy, Rift Amps and Ryder guitars to name but a few :)
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    Auden and GS too
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Is it true that all of the pedals may be getting a chassis makeover due to The Dane?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Is it true that all of the pedals may be getting a chassis makeover due to The Dane?
    All new pedals are being built in a smaller battery free enclosure, current pedals will remain as they are. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Is it true that all of the pedals may be getting a chassis makeover due to The Dane?
    All new pedals are being built in a smaller battery free enclosure, current pedals will remain as they are. 
    Cool - thanks! Btw I don't mind the size of the pedals one bit.
  • Played through the medic and the Dane yesterday. Absolutely amazing pedals both of them. 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    tFB Trader
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Played through the medic and the Dane yesterday. Absolutely amazing pedals both of them. 
    Hod do they compare with each other?? I bought one of the first batch of "The Dane" from Andertons, and find it excellent for the way I like to sound. As a former Medic, the "Team Medic" is tempting. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    They are very different pedals really. It's like comparing apples and oranges.
    tFB Trader
    Played through the medic and the Dane yesterday. Absolutely amazing pedals both of them. 
    Hod do they compare with each other?? I bought one of the first batch of "The Dane" from Andertons, and find it excellent for the way I like to sound. As a former Medic, the "Team Medic" is tempting. 
    Very different. The Dane is a drive and a boost. The team medic is primarily an EQ pedal, with added two stage boost and a class A buffer- it’s designed to both fix your pedalboards sonic woes and boost into the front end of your amp..... and it does this very very well
    tFB Trader
    So its happened, all the pedals have now lost some heft...... they sound just the same, however they take up less space on your pedalboard. hope you all like them.

all the best, Adrian

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Clever video, I didn't notice I was looking at the smaller ones.
    tFB Trader
    Clever video, I didn't notice I was looking at the smaller ones.
    Thanks very much indeed!
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1211
    This is going to trigger my OCD!

How am I meant to handle any future ThorpyFX purchases being a different size?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7730
    They look fantastic Adrian, hope you get lots of orders!
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    Good move @ThorpyFX ;
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Good move @ThorpyFX ;
    Agreed - pedalboard space is always at a premium! But not enough for finicky mini pedals, which I can't stand!

Now, @ThorpyFX ... Any chance of making the knobs readable when you're standing up? My eyesight and memory aren't what they were! ;0) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom