SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT CS Fender Strat 62 relic limited edition ( Brazilian Project ) PRICE DROP

What's Hot

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4978
    Alex335 said:
    @fretfinder weighing in at 7.48 Lbs 
    Thanks. That’s a decent weight for one of these. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14030
    tFB Trader
    All the 2010 Braz models had a 10" radius - I'm not sure why it states 7.25" on the shop floor travel plan spec sheet - I have known errors on those spec sheets before - I still have the original notes on these from Fender when we were acquired pre-sales info for advance orders - You can probably tell by looking at the actual fingerboard radius

Nice guitar though and a strong interest in such guitars when ever they come to market
    Sorry to exploit your post alex335, but I'm intrigued by the comment above from guitars4you. I've recently bought one of these 2010 beauties and was surprised to measure a fretboard radius of 10" rather than the 7.25" indicated on my spec sheet. I'm awaiting clarification from Fender but can anyone shed further light on this for me? 
    They did 2 runs with limited supply for the UK + Germany - one year was a 10" the other year 9.5" - I don't have the info in front of me right now, but whilst both runs were similar, both were slightly different, regarding colours, radius and pick-ups - Unfortunately they came with no paperwork or markings whatsoever to determine they are part of this Brz run - I wish they had marked something on the certificate - I still have the original and advanced marketing notes from Fender regarding each run which gives some info

I have known on a few occasions that the floor travel plan spec sheet is wrong

Send me the serial number and I can see if Fender can shed any light on this one for you - ditto @Alex335 if you want
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 219
    That 
    Is 
    B A Utiful
    tFB Trader
    Update - 2010 models had a 10" radius - 65 Big C neck profile - Tortoiseshell pick guard - Hand wound Abby p/ups - clay dot inlays 6105 frets -  - available only in Fiesta Red, Olympic white, sonic blue and black 

2011 version - 9.5" radius - mint green pick guard - same neck profile/frets - Different pick-ups with a 69' in the middle position - available in vintage white, sunburst and candy apple red

Both versions had a Limited Edition engraved neck plate + Limited Edition decal on the rear of the  headstock 

But as I mentioned above, no additional paperwork to show they had a Brz fingerboard
    tFB Trader
    Alex335 said:
    @fretfinder weighing in at 7.48 Lbs 
    Thanks. That’s a decent weight for one of these. 
    more or less what I'd expect
  • Alex335Alex335 Frets: 121
    @guitars4you thanks for the info, agreed its a shame there isn't any specific paperwork for these... i think the spec may have been true for most but there were some exceptions to the rules. I played a load of the 2010 models after deciding i wanted one ( GAK and Regent sound had about 10 between them at the time )  there were a couple that had the 60's oval profile neck that i really liked but the 10" radius always felt a bit odd to me on a Fender.
    that was one of the deciding factors in buying this one. The heavily rolled fingerboard and vintage 7.25 radius just felt right. I've been lucky enough to play a fair few pre CBS Fenders in my time and this guitar just has that old strat feel, rather than a new version of an old guitar.

I can only assume that the spec may have been confused during the "renecking" process and a couple of variants slipped through as most of the guitars were true to the 65 neck 10' rad 

Unfortunately as much as I adore the tone of a good Strat I have come to accept ( reluctantly ) im much more comfortable with a Tele or 335 and there is no point in keeping this guitar "just because". altho i have had cold feet a couple of time after actually  pulling the trigger on putting up for sale!..

Trade option bump close offers welcome. 
    open to reasonable offers or an es 355 trade BUMP
    Any nice 355's out there preferably a 60's VOS in ebony?? 
  • pnormanpnorman Frets: 1
    I didn't read all posts but it is definitely a 7.25" radius with narrow tall frets. It is a very very nice combination for someone who is used to vintage radius but likes to bend higher up in the neck. I have a pre-cbs strat (bought in 80's when they still were somewhat affordable) refretted With Dunlop 6105s and it is still my favourite of the bunch. I wish I could pull a trigger on this one! 
    @pnorman couldn't agree more! its a great combination for a vintage type strat.  It really is a great guitar and genuinely has that authentic old strat feel.. loving home needed 
    TTT
    Any nice VOS 355’s our there?... 
    Bump 
    Bump for this beauty, open to close cash offers or the right 355 if theres any out there???

Price drop with a few more pics BUMP!
    Straturday BUMP