Daniels guitars builds and finishing

What's Hot

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    poopot said:
    let me know when anyone wants to talk about guitars 
    I’ll give it a go...

the yellow lp special... is it gdpr compliant? :)
    Someones interested in that one so i better make sure first ;)
    Errrrrrr... no one is allowed that... it has my name on it... I was planning to have it away when you wasn’t looking... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2924
    tFB Trader
    Excellent work Mr @poopot
    Want one of those LPs. Need to shed guitars but still, want...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    @Corvus same here, I can feel the mother of all purges coming on
    @Corvus  @roberty if you haven’t already, you really have to try his guitars... honestly, Gibson et al have nothing on these... I’ve had god knows how many les Paul’s over the years and currently have none... but these guitars are in a different league!... try one now... take your cheque book tho’ :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3261
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:
    @Corvus  @roberty if you haven’t already, you really have to try his guitars... honestly, Gibson et al have nothing on these... I’ve had god knows how many les Paul’s over the years and currently have none... but these guitars are in a different league!... try one now... take your cheque book tho’ :)
    Thanks Stuart I'm really glad you like them as most fender people have preconceived views on les pauls, i see it as my goal to persuade you lot they're alot more versatile than most think even ttony picked up a junior recently which is the start of a slippery slope
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    They are very versatile. I was put off them for a long time because of the 490R 498T pickup combo they used to put on everything. Never understood the rationale
    tFB Trader
    roberty said:
    They are very versatile. I was put off them for a long time because of the 490R 498T pickup combo they used to put on everything. Never understood the rationale
    I agree but i think mixing and matching between f and g style is a great thing personally, i fancy a strat neck pickup in a dc junior and maybe f scale too, this is just stuff i want to try apart from vintage correct

I'll be doing a set neck jazzmaster style with strat neck with bullet adjuster and gibbo scale, it's in the pipeline, a big purple sparkle with white guard is favourite but anything can change 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1029
    Excellent site - love all the guitars - lush!

Top work mister! I love the idea of a 25.5" scale LP - that sounds amazing!
    roberty said:
    I agree but i think mixing and matching between f and g style is a great thing personally, i fancy a strat neck pickup in a dc junior and maybe f scale too, this is just stuff i want to try apart from vintage correct

I'll be doing a set neck jazzmaster style with strat neck with bullet adjuster and gibbo scale, it's in the pipeline, a big purple sparkle with white guard is favourite but anything can change 
    Would a single cut route be a little easier on the neck join on a DC?
    tFB Trader
    roberty said:
    roberty said:

Would a single cut route be a little easier on the neck join on a DC?
    i love dc juniors and I've got sc stuff, there's a couple of ways that would work, move the pickup back to where the old ones were as in late 59/60 and or change neck joint slightly plus cut pole pieces off plus only route just enough, it's something i really want to try 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Corvus said:
    Excellent work Mr @poopot
    Want one of those LPs. Need to shed guitars but still, want...
    You can make yours I've seen your work, if ever you're down my way pop in
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3489
     most fender people have preconceived views on les pauls, i see it as my goal to persuade you lot they're alot more versatile than most think.
    I agree, there's more to LP's than crunchy tones through a Marshall plexi and pentatonic widdling.  Of Darren's guitars I have played, I found they were absolutely superb for fingerpicking through clean tones with the guitar's always having great clarity, warmth and separation of notes.  

As a sidenote, I'm really looking forward to the Customs in the pipeline. 

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2924
    tFB Trader
    Ar, I'm hoping to stop by, doing a run to see several mates on a mini holiday tour once I got the truck in shape.
    tFB Trader
     vintage spec dc junior in spanish cedar
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Some additional goldtop and tele goodness added to the vintage gallery thanks to @Mojopickups . Cheers Marc!...
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    edited August 2018
    poopot said:
    @Corvus  @roberty if you haven’t already, you really have to try his guitars... honestly, Gibson et al have nothing on these... I’ve had god knows how many les Paul’s over the years and currently have none... but these guitars are in a different league!... try one now... take your cheque book tho’
    Thanks Stuart I'm really glad you like them as most fender people have preconceived views on les pauls, i see it as my goal to persuade you lot they're alot more versatile than most think even ttony picked up a junior recently which is the start of a slippery slope
    The website look really good Darren it shows off your work and some great stuff on there, good work poopot.

I haven't put the Junior down since I picked it up last week, although it's a screaming monster it cleans up really well, your right very versatile, surprisingly so, I'll bring it next time.

As I mentioned before you should sign up for the Water Rats, would be a great chance to take a couple of builds, and make a lot of noise!
    tFB Trader
    Tone71 said:
    poopot said:
    @Corvus  @roberty if you haven’t already, you really have to try his guitars... honestly, Gibson et al have nothing on these... I’ve had god knows how many les Paul’s over the years and currently have none... but these guitars are in a different league!... try one now... take your cheque book tho’
    The website look really good Darren it shows off your work and some great stuff on there, good work poopot.

I haven't put the Junior down since I picked it up last week, although it's a screaming monster it cleans up really well, your right very versatile, surprisingly so, I'll bring it next time.

As I mentioned before you should sign up for the Water Rats, would be a great chance to take a couple of builds, and make a lot of noise!
    I just asked if there are still places available, if so I'll drag myself along 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    Trying out Spanish cedar body and neck it weighs 6.8lb strung up, should be good 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Trying out Spanish cedar body and neck it weighs 6.8lb strung up, should be good
    Do let us know how it sounds vs Mahogany :)
    tFB Trader
    roberty said:
    Do let us know how it sounds vs Mahogany

I think the only test I'll be doing is against a real 60 junior, i do have a 58 to restore but that's a long way off being started
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)