New Sequencer Day

After much ticking around I've finally decided on this beastie to control the Eurorack modular that I've built.
It is an Arturia Beatstep Pro.

Very cool piece of kit, solidly built and it will be a good non-computer alternative to writing electronic music.
It can also control the Elektron devices fairly well.

I've got a couple of these little 'creation stations' on the go at the moment and it is really fruitful in terms of taking me out of my usual way of working.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6143
    Nice little widgets. Clever thing about them is that they can act as MIDI-CV (either Oct/V or Hz/V) while attached to your computer an/or for the sequences themselves. Lot of fun with old analogues (mine was sequencing a CS-15).

I switched to a Keystep for the poly sequencing and keyboard. (It's for my travel setup.)

> solidly built

They feel it - pretty hefty and chunky bits of metal in there. But be VERY careful with the USB cable - the only thing that holds the USB socket in place are the tiny bobs of SMT solder on the socket - Arturia did not spec the sockets with through-PCB mounting legs. So if you accidentally whack the cable, bye-bye PCB. There are a few stories online about this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    Show us yer modular!
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    wave100 said:
    Show us yer modular!
    I agree! Show us your (euro)rack!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    wave100 said:
    Show us yer modular!
    It is on a boat at the moment as I just relocated.
    It will arrive in a month.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782

goldtop said:
    But be VERY careful with the USB cable - the only thing that holds the USB socket in place are the tiny bobs of SMT solder on the socket - Arturia did not spec the sockets with through-PCB mounting legs. So if you accidentally whack the cable, bye-bye PCB. There are a few stories online about this. 
    Very useful to know, thanks.
  • OOOOH - Ive been thinking about one of those....

Need a sequencer for a synth - picking up either a Prophet Rev 2 or OB6 to go with my RD2000.

• I bought a plain Beatstep,last week to use as a controller for my iPad. I probably won’t use the sequencer part much, but it’s a nicely-made bit of kit, and I love how customizable it is. 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7155
    I want one too. Next on the list.