SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD! -- Flame maple top, Overwater Contempory Jazz Bass...£450 reduced to £400

gibbygibby Frets: 50
edited October 2018 in Basses £
Fantastic modern Jazz style bass guitar in extremely good condition. Colour is Black Flame (looks a bit purple in pics). Tonally has  lots of bottom end thump and good harmonics.This is one of the higher spec models licensed under the Tanglewood name; these are very good quality instruments at realistic prices.(Overwater UK basses start around £2500). Some light hairline scratches on the back, but nothing blatant. Fret-wear is negligible; neck and fingerboard are in A1 condition. Best sounding bass I've owned, BUT I've been after something lighter and recently bought an Ibanez SR Premium; now I need to sell something to pay for it. In my opinion this bass will tonally destroy most basses in this price bracket and many basses costing much more. Blows my Ibanez away TBH, but the Ibanez only weighs 7lbs, so it stays!

Full spec below:-

Active 2-band EQ, and bright switch (activated by pulling the volume knob out) to allow you to dial in your sweet-spot bass tone

BODY: Poplar, Flame Maple Top 
NECK (MATERIAL): Maple, Natural Gloss –
NECK (BUILD): One Piece –
FINGERBOARD: Maple, 22 Frets, with Pearl Block Markers –
NUT: ABS Black (38mm)
SCALE LENGTH: 34 inch
MACHINE HEADS: Deluxe J Style –
BACKPLATE: Black –
FINISH: Trans Black Flame/Gloss –
PICKUPS: Passive, OW ‘Single Coil PJ Set’ –
CONTROLS: Vol, Pan, Tone –
Weight - 10lbs

There were 2 of these for sale recently online, at popular musical instrument shops. One was £560 2nd hand and the other £650 list price (but sold), just to give an idea of the value of these beasts! Supplied with a hard ABS case

TRADES...would consider a 32" scale bass,9lbs or less and of similar value and quality....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Good instrument. 

I have one of the cheaper Overwater By Tanglewood bass guitars, modified with active pickups and EQ. Nice neck profile. Tidy fret work. Hangs nicely on a strap. It does the business.

GLWS
    Be seeing you.
  • gibbygibby Frets: 50
    Exceptional basses for the price.. :)
    Forgot I had this on here  :# Knocked a few Bob off!
  • What are the dimensions of the pickup covers, please?
    Be seeing you.
    35mmx95mm