SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 3rd Power Dream Series 2x12 cab (£400) and flight case (£65)

What's Hot
StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1428
edited October 2018 in Amps £
Similar to my K-Line for sale on here, I'm a bit gutted to be selling this, but it's not going to get any use for at least the next ten months and I need to raise funds pretty sharpish, so...

Probably my all-time favourite gigging rig, being a pretty much spot-on Plexi AND a 60s AC30 in one head, footswitchable between the two, all at whatever volume you like because of 3rd Power's Hybrid Master technology. I've no idea how it works (nor do I care) but it's better than any attenuator or master volume I've ever encountered.

I've also no idea how Jamie managed to get such a dead-on AC30 out of this head (actually, several iterations of 60s AC30s) but it really does deliver. I actually bought this because my favourite amp, an early Bad Cat Black Cat 30 head, is just too loud and unwieldy for a lot of the shows I do. I tried the newer Bad Cats with the K Master but they didn't really sound like my old one - this amp is much closer, and in Brilliant mode sounds very Matchless-ish.

The Plexi side was an added bonus to me, but it absolutely NAILS AC/DC / Lizzy etc tones, again at any volume.

This is the latest version with the tube Citizen Loop.
It's well worth reading up on these amps, they really are remarkable pieces of work. There's only one European dealer now, I think, and they have the head at €2699. Mine is IMMACULATE, having been flight cased since new, so a huge saving at £1450.

The matching cab is now €995, and again mine is immaculate, having also been flight cased from new. I'm looking for £450 for it.

It's the top of the line Dream Series cab, with an Alnico Gold on one side and a Vintage 30 on the other. Unlike the cheaper 3rd Power cabs, this one features his patented internal triangular chambers, and sounds absolutely HUGE. Again, these cabs are worth a Google, they are incredible pieces of work.

Since the cab is such an extraordinary beast, I'm willing to sell it separately. However, if you buy both the head and cab together, I'll chuck in the flight cases (which cost £370 between them). That's a £3600-ish rig for £1900

Located just outside Glasgow but happy to post - ideally in the flight cases!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Would love this
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Would love this

For anyone into Voxy chime OR Marshall crunch live this might be the ultimate gigging amp. The fact you can get both in the one head makes it unbelievably flexible.

The fact you can get all those tones regardless of volume maybe makes it unique. I used it for a live TV concert last year and the Beeb filmed us against a huge window, so onstage sound was really low. My tone wasn't affected at all!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump
  • Badump
  • Bump
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1428
    edited August 2018
    Should have mentioned that the cab is wired mono / stereo.

Awesome hand-wired rig for not much more than half-price, IF you can find one!
  • I assume you won't take trades for a high gain head?
  • Sorry, no trades on this, really need to raise some cash!
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488

I've not been able to find a manual on this amp. Forgive my ignorance; does the mono/stereo mean 1x12 or 2x12 or that the amp has a stereo circuit?
  • lukedlb said:

I've not been able to find a manual on this amp. Forgive my ignorance; does the mono/stereo mean 1x12 or 2x12 or that the amp has a stereo circuit?

http://3rdpower.com/products/cabinets/dream-series-212/#1466278174585-392806ab-4567

Scroll down to the mono/stereo operation section
    Any idea what the head is like inside? point to point? Circuit board?
    Regarding the plexi side, what is the clean like (i'm not so interested in the high gain)? I read the manuals on the ac and the plexi separate amps. 

• lukedlb said:
    Any idea what the head is like inside? point to point? Circuit board?
    Regarding the plexi side, what is the clean like (i'm not so interested in the high gain)? I read the manuals on the ac and the plexi separate amps. 

All his amps are entirely hand-wired - the build quality on these things is pretty much unsurpassed!

The Plexi side doesn't really do high gain - even with the boost engaged it's really just a modded Plexi thing. The clean is pretty glorious, especially with humbuckers and the Presence dialled up. You can also run it with the solid state rectifier or the valve rectifier at the flick of a switch.
    lukedlb said:

http://3rdpower.com/products/cabinets/dream-series-212/#1466278174585-392806ab-4567

Scroll down to the mono/stereo operation section
    So when it's set to stereo, only one speaker is connected? Which one is it currently set to? 1xalnico and 1xceramic is my preferred cab configuration.
  • No, for stereo one speaker is left channel and one is right channel. There's no switch - as soon as you plug in a second source the cab acts in stereo. With only one head plugged in it acts as a normal 2x12
    No, for stereo one speaker is left channel and one is right channel. There's no switch - as soon as you plug in a second source the cab acts in stereo. With only one head plugged in it acts as a normal 2x12
    Thank you, Stuart. It's my first year playing modern amps so I'm a little bit in the dark about these options. I wonder if plugging a single amp into the stereo input would only activate one of the speakers. 
  • No, it only splits if both inputs are used. 
  • Bump
  • Bump and price drop of sorts - the whole lot including flight cases for £1800