Today is a special day. NSD.

What's Hot
GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7145
edited September 2018 in Other Instruments
The huge pedal purge wasn’t for nothing. Today, a very special purchase arrived. The most expensive instrument I’ve ever bought, but good Lord it’s something else. If I can’t make good electronica on these, I should quit music entirely. 

Behold, the Two Voice Pro! 

http://i.imgur.com/MZOp8i7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YvqqAOL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/K8106eS.jpg

Apprently there are only 50 of the Black version worldwide. I may never see daylight again. 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    That is very, very sexy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    That is very, very sexy.
    No denying that 
  • but do they djent?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • (as an aside I didnt even notice the two voice when you text me) :-S
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Phwoarrrrrr...
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6101
    (pangs of seller's remorse) Good man!

I'm also enjoying your monochrome vibe. No yellow Qs or red Nords for you!

• (as an aside I didnt even notice the two voice when you text me) :-S
    Lol, Div. goldtop said:
    (pangs of seller's remorse) Good man!

I'm also enjoying your monochrome vibe. No yellow Qs or red Nords for you!

The Arp is trying it’s best to ruin it. 

On the TVS, I hadn’t fully appreciated that the sequencer plays 2 entirely independent sequences at once if you so wish. Nuts. 
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6101

On the TVS, I hadn’t fully appreciated that the sequencer plays 2 entirely independent sequences at once if you so wish. Nuts. 
    Oh yeah. Got a bit confuddling for me when fiddling with the wrong sequence. IIRC, you can also use patching to get a sequence to interact with the other SEM - perhaps using the gate or CV of sequencer A to fiddle with something on SEM B while you play the SEM B notes.I did find the Keyboard Control (?) panel of 4 buttons a bit tricky to assign correctly, but I'm sure once you've disappeared into it for a couple of days, it'll be easy.

It's definitely one of those synths where you make a cuppa, sit down to play and when you go for a sip of tea, it's stone cold.

One q: as it's always in 'panel mode', are you going to just play+tweak and see where it takes you? Or are you going to print off some of SEM patch diagrams to draw/store your patches? I ended up taking photos! :)
  • I find the SEMs themselves relatively intuitive to dial in, it’s all the rest I’ve got to learn! One thing it lacks compared to the SEM Pro is the filter track button, though it was pointed out to me that you can patch that - waiting for cables to arrive in the post now. 
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Does it have an autoplay function?
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7672

so where does the guitar plug in ?
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • https://youtu.be/l5wKdK_6JYo

First play with the sequencer now that ive got my head around it. This is just one pass; no overdubs at all. One sequence. 

Wow. 
  • I love the power factor on the desk with a tell tale red lead. 
    Just like my desk when I record with the moog delay usually running.
  • I love the power factor on the desk with a tell tale red lead. 
    Just like my desk when I record with the moog delay usually running.
    And there it shall stay! 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Looks superb! wouldn't suit my playing though, I'm lost without a more trad sort of keyboard length
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1211
    https://youtu.be/l5wKdK_6JYo

First play with the sequencer now that ive got my head around it. This is just one pass; no overdubs at all. One sequence. 

Wow. 
    I have no idea what I've just listened to, but I want one!
  • m_c said:
    https://youtu.be/l5wKdK_6JYo

Wow. 
    I have no idea what I've just listened to, but I want one!
    Get saving quick then! 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Sounds like fun. I want one!
  • There’s only 50 of the black ones worldwide, so that’s pretty cool. I love it. Been playing a lot today. Seems to work well with the Prophet 6 too. >£6000 Of Synth in sounding good SHOCKER
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom