Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Slash Album and Tour announced

What's Hot

Comments

• YES

I like both songs so far. Tidy.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Right, if they come to the UK on a tour please make sure I know about it!!!

There will be UK dates definitely, not sure on dates yet but he said there's a euro tour.
  • supessupes Frets: 179
    Been trying to find my Aint Life Grand Cd but it’s obviously left home without letting me know. If anybody wants to sell theirs I’d be interested!
    Its not available on Spotify and that’s how i usually listen to music these days
  • Holy SHIT .... another new song from them!?!? This is awesome. 

Please please @ me when they announce UK tour... 

• Loving that new song... it's like Christmas has come!
    LOVE the palm mute bit before the solo and very catchy vox, I have to say!

• RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader

I thought I posted this one but cant see it..  must be loosing it  :)

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    Slash seems to have a pattern that his first album in a new project is great, then it just goes lack lustre (I know other people like some of the other albums I find bland) his first snake pit album was fantastic, it's 5 o'clock, the band was great, the songs where great, the recording was great, the following snakepit album was weak in comparison. Then we had 'slash by slash' which was an interesting concept with different singers and band members. Then came Miles Kennedy, which was with Apocalyptic Love, which was quite good, then it became the churn factory of Miles/Slash, which now feels like the Bonamassa of Rock, just churning them out (I appreciate nowhere near the scale of JoBo) The stuff is not bad, far from it, but it's just not "wow" like you expect from someone like Slash.

I've said this in other threads, Slash seems to respond to the people he writes with more than other people and I just don't think Miles and the current band are the guys who enable Slash's contributions to song writing.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Gotta say, I'm liking those two songs alot.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    I love Slash, obviously what he did in GNR, and thought the Snakepit albums were great.  However, these songs, although perfectly listenable, just don't it for me...it's like rock music by numbers. Also, IMO Kennedy's best work was the first two Alter Bridge albums; I've not been wowed by anything he's done since. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2018
    underdog said:
    FarleyUK said:
    underdog said:
    As an old-school GnR / Slash fan (and Alter Bridge fan!) I really need to pull my finger out and go to a gig when/if they are in the UK. Have never seen Slash in the flesh, criminal!

I love both albums. I actually prefer World on Fire, I would say.

PS If people haven't seen Myles sing live he is astonishingly good.

There's 100% going to be a European tour for the new album.
    How do you know that....? Not that I'm complaining or anything, just curious!

Can'f wait for it

Let's just say a cat in a hat, leather pants and a vest told a friend of mine last month D
    Told you so 
    http://i66.tinypic.com/2m34s4m.png
    @thomasross20 @Modulus_Amps ;;

Slash ft Myles Kennedy And The Conspirators 2009 UK & European tour dates
    Feb 07: Offenbach Stadthalle, Germany
    Feb 09: Prague O2 Arena, Czech Republic
    Feb 10: Vienna Gasometer, Austria
    Feb 12: Lodz Atlas Arena, Poland 
    Feb 16: Manchester O2 Apollo, UK
    Feb 17: Glasgow SECC, UK
    Feb 19: Doncaster The Dome, UK
    Feb 20: London Eventim Apollo, UK
    Feb 22: Paris Zenith, France 
    Feb 23: Brussels The Cirque Royal, Belgium 
    Feb 24: Amsterdam AFAS Live, Netherlands
    Feb 27: Oslo Sentrum Scene, Norway 
    Feb 28: Stockholm Annexet, Sweden
    Mar 03: Hamburg Sporthalle, Germany
    Mar 04: Berlin Verti Music Hall, Germany
    Mar 07: Zurich Samsung Hall, Switzerland
    Mar 08: Milan Fabrique, Italy
    Mar 10: Toulouse Zenith, France 
    Mar 12: Barcelona St. Jordi Club, Spain 
    Mar 13: Madrid Wizink Centre, Spain 
    Mar 15: Lisbon Campo Pequeno, Portugal

tFB Trader
    underdog said:
    underdog said:
    FarleyUK said:
    underdog said:
    As an old-school GnR / Slash fan (and Alter Bridge fan!) I really need to pull my finger out and go to a gig when/if they are in the UK. Have never seen Slash in the flesh, criminal!

Can'f wait for it

Let's just say a cat in a hat, leather pants and a vest told a friend of mine last month D
    Told you so 

Cheers for that.. Hammersmith..  Hmmm, and its right near my birthday.. I may just try and go to that.
    edited September 2018
    Rabs said:
    underdog said:
    underdog said:
    FarleyUK said:
    underdog said:

Can'f wait for it

Told you so 

Cheers for that.. Hammersmith..  Hmmm, and its right near my birthday.. I may just try and go to that.
    I think that's going to my pick too, it's nowhere near me but none are and it's an easy drive as you don't have to go through london.

I knew he was playing Hammersmith and was  surprised but happy at the venue choices but wasn't allowed to say.
    tFB Trader
    underdog said:
    Rabs said:
    underdog said:
    underdog said:
    FarleyUK said:
    underdog said:

Can'f wait for it

Told you so 

I think that's going to my pick too, it's nowhere near me but none are and it's an easy drive as you don't have to go through london.

I knew he was playing Hammersmith and was  surprised but happy at the venue choices but wasn't allowed to say.

Yeah he always seems to play there.. I saw him there with Velvet Revolver many years ago now.....
    Last I seen him with Myles was Birmingham, then Olympic stadium with GnR, last trip to Hammersmith was to see Eddie Vedder solo and it was fantastic. Really nice venue.
  • I'd better get tickets for Glasgow then!!!!!!!
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    underdog said:
    Last I seen him with Myles was Birmingham, then Olympic stadium with GnR, last trip to Hammersmith was to see Eddie Vedder solo and it was fantastic. Really nice venue.

Not meaning to do the one upmanship or anything.. Rather sharing with another fan..  The best time was when I saw GnR at Wembley Stadium (before the remodelling) in I think 1991 and I also believe it was one of Izzys last gigs with them. That gig  is something I will never forget.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    Rabs said:
    underdog said:

Not meaning to do the one upmanship or anything.. Rather sharing with another fan..  The best time what when I saw GnR at Wembley Stadium (before the remodelling) in I think 1991 and I also believe it was one of Izzys last gigs with them. That gig  is something I will never forget.
    Was that with Soundgarden and Faith no more supporting? If so it was 92, and Izzy had just left.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Rabs said:
    underdog said:

Not meaning to do the one upmanship or anything.. Rather sharing with another fan..  The best time what when I saw GnR at Wembley Stadium (before the remodelling) in I think 1991 and I also believe it was one of Izzys last gigs with them. That gig  is something I will never forget.
    Was that with Soundgarden and Faith no more supporting? If so it was 92, and Izzy had just left.

Wow actually I think you may be right..  They were the supporting acts...   Ha, maybe I wanted to see Izzy so much I just replaced it in my mind :)   But yes..  An incredible gig either way.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    Rabs said:
    mrkb said:
    Rabs said:
    underdog said:

Wow actually I think you may be right..  They were the supporting acts...   Ha, maybe I wanted to see Izzy so much I just replaced it in my mind :)   But yes..  An incredible gig either way.
    I was there too, think Gilby Clark was the other guitarist.. loved it apart from the We will Rock You medley and did Brian May join in on that ?!? My memory fails me.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Rabs said:
    mrkb said:
    Rabs said:
    underdog said:

I was there too, think Gilby Clark was the other guitarist.. loved it apart from the We will Rock You medley and did Brian May join in on that ?!? My memory fails me.

Brain May.. I don't think so..  But it was a long time ago  :)    I would have thought id have remembered something  like that though....

Theres another thing I remember about that day was waiting to come in..  There was a few cops scattered around the crowd and I seem to remember someone throwing bottles of water at them and at one point knocked the helmet off one of them haha it was only fun though, I don't remember any trouble, even when that happened it was just a bored crowd...  Was an amazing summer day from what I can remember.