[very unofficial] Quad warm-up and studio recce session (Herts)

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    I’m cool with that.

Im not sure when new Quad list will be finalised - depends on what the next steps in the New Rules process is. Suspect it will be next week sometime.

Even if we just agree a few jam chord sequences for the not so structured songs in advanced (While my guitar gently weeps or free bird, etc) then we’ll at least be playing the same song, and someone can bring the lyrics.

Im happy to drum, sing, guitar as needed.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    Yes, works for me too. 
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    As (at the moment) I’m not a definite for Quad I’m happy to play whatever songs you guys want on guitar,bass or vocals( if it’s in my range) . 
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1012
    @Snags, I am hoping i can make it but might need an op in October. Do you need a one eyed guitar player?
    “Ken sent me.”
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    Every home should have one!

Eyes are optional - shout if you need a hand getting there, though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1012
    thanks @Snags
    “Ken sent me.”
  • At the moment I'm free for all of those

@Handsome_Chris would you like me to put you down (not in a veterinary sense!)?   Date currently settled on Sunday 14th October 2 p.m. - 6 p.m. if that helps ...
  • Cheers, @SnagsThat's cool. 
    edited September 2018
    For those who are coming (@mrkb, @sticker@TADodger, @Handsome_Chris ) and hopefully coming (@guitartango) and maybe thinking of coming (@ er, rest of forum) ...

... now the Quad set list is up, what would you like to get out of this "warm up" event?

- any songs in particular that people want to get a sneaky trial run at?
    - anything else that people would like to do?

Chuck in thoughts, requests, bribes, demands with menaces etc. and I'll try to shape some semblance of order out of it so we don't all just turn up, stare at each other, and shuffle our feet for four hours

Also, if anyone else fancies rocking up, based on what the studio says, we should be able to fit a couple more people in, so paws in the air (like you just don't care) to bag some floor space.

(edited due to tagging snafu)
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    As I’m not a Quad attendee I am entirely at your disposal, happy to play guitar , bass , sing ....whatever you guys attending the jam need to “make it work on the day “ . 

• I may be able to make this to bass as well....
    Snags said:
    For those who are coming (@mrkb, @sticker@TADodger, @Handsome_Chris ) and hopefully coming (@guitartango) and maybe thinking of coming (@ er, rest of forum) ...

... now the Quad set list is up, what would you like to get out of this "warm up" event?

- any songs in particular that people want to get a sneaky trial run at?
    - anything else that people would like to do?

Chuck in thoughts, requests, bribes, demands with menaces etc. and I'll try to shape some semblance of order out of it so we don't all just turn up, stare at each other, and shuffle our feet for four hours

Also, if anyone else fancies rocking up, based on what the studio says, we should be able to fit a couple more people in, so paws in the air (like you just don't care) to bag some floor space.

(edited due to tagging snafu)

Hi @snags

Im still up for this. Happy to drum on any simple structured songs (or the ones Im playing on the day). Would like to run through any of the songs that Im singing on if others are playing guitar on the same song. I'll update the Quad sign up list later and see if theres songs we have in common.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Thanks chaps. I'm planning on using the next week to learn my stuff, and to get some rough work done on anything to support others for the prequel, so that would be very handy.
  • Hi @Snags - Happy to run through Quad songs whether I am playing on them or not, always interested to learn new stuff.
    TADodger said:
    Hi @Snags - Happy to run through Quad songs whether I am playing on them or not, always interested to learn new stuff.
     @TADodger ; You’ve not got your name down for any Quad songs yet! Get over to the thread and let me know what you want to play on.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • @mrkb - It's all these new threads where we have to repeat ourselves, I can't keep up  :) I will take a look now.
    TADodger said:
    @mrkb - It's all these new threads where we have to repeat ourselves, I can't keep up  :) I will take a look now.
    Cheers, it wasn’t my fault - I was happy with the original list!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2215
    I've just found out I'm flying back fro morroco in the early hours of the Sunday so I'm not going to be able to make this one.
    Can't argue with that!

Will update the list, and also pull together some suggested songs based on who's coming and what people are signed up for at Quad (although that last bit may take a day or so).