Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Guitar Show 2019 - 23rd - 24th February, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14029
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:
    Steely Dan + Stevie Winwood playing in Birmingham Sat night - 23rd
    I'll see what I can do
    why - Do you have contacts etc to either get a few tickets and or block - I'm interested in going - normally go back home on a Sat as only 1 hour away - But other option is Manchester gig on Thursday before 21st, but somehow logical to do the show, then the gig and stay over this year all in Brum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jason said:
    Liverpool are away to Man United on Saturday 23rd.
    Wrong division, don't pay any attention to that this year
    I thought you were the hairy godmother?

The coffee guy was popular last year - he had a queue from opening time to about 3pm!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
    uncledick said:
    Also, can we have the FB name badges back?  
    With a "please return to stand 57 if found wandering aimlessly" message on it?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:
    Steely Dan + Stevie Winwood playing in Birmingham Sat night - 23rd
    I'll see what I can do
    why - Do you have contacts etc to either get a few tickets and or block - I'm interested in going - normally go back home on a Sat as only 1 hour away - But other option is Manchester gig on Thursday before 21st, but somehow logical to do the show, then the gig and stay over this year all in Brum
    No, I meant to see if I could get them to come along to the show, unlikely but if you don't ask...

Don't forget I do a hotel deal for exhibitors
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    TTony said:
    uncledick said:
    A sensible sized Thefretboard sticker or pin badge would allow people to identify fellow forum members on the day, and joe public will see them and recognise the stand when they see it. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    mrkb said:
    TTony said:
    uncledick said:
    A sensible sized Thefretboard sticker or pin badge would allow people to identify fellow forum members on the day, and joe public will see them and recognise the stand when they see it. 
    A baseball cap would work too.

Have you got yours?  ;)

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    Sorry if it's incredible obvious but I haven't been fully caffeinated yet - where is it?!
    tFB Trader
    rico said:
    Sorry if it's incredible obvious but I haven't been fully caffeinated yet - where is it?!
    The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham 
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • Jason said:
    rico said:
    You never have a How to Find bit on your website, always people on here asking the best ways to get there. I know most people can just google it these days but it's not an obvious place to get to if not driving. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:
    rico said:
    You never have a How to Find bit on your website, always people on here asking the best ways to get there. I know most people can just google it these days but it's not an obvious place to get to if not driving. 
    Yeah may be I should, I just never think about it, I have a phone that gets me everywhere, I'll put up some info about distance from train stations, which number buses etc. I used to have a google map, but they now charge you as a business (quite a lot)
  • Jason said:
    Jason said:
    rico said:
    Yeah may be I should, I just never think about it, I have a phone that gets me everywhere, I'll put up some info about distance from train stations, which number buses etc. I used to have a google map, but they now charge you as a business (quite a lot)
    Didn't know you'd be charged for that, think they'd be happy for the traffic. We have Bing maps at work, the address of every person on the database ( essentially the population of Worcestershire ) can be opened up in Bing. Apparently much cheaper ( as I understand it the Bing system is the Uber one) although the complexity of the pricing when I googled  ( how ironic...) it confused me quite a lot. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader

Didn't know you'd be charged for that, think they'd be happy for the traffic. We have Bing maps at work, the address of every person on the database ( essentially the population of Worcestershire ) can be opened up in Bing. Apparently much cheaper ( as I understand it the Bing system is the Uber one) although the complexity of the pricing when I googled  ( how ironic...) it confused me quite a lot. 
    Yep, its a new thing, I suppose that google can't be free for ever, I suspect this is the way the internet will go

I've added distance from New Street and Snow Hill, plus the Jewellery Quarter local train, plus the buses that stop outside.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I couldn’t make it last year but will definitely be at this one.  
  • Will be there. :)
    Teacher, musician, generally an enthusiastic and peaceful idealist. Run the Contemporary Guitar Performance Workshop education project and the Audio Design Workshop studio. Online guitar and piano/keyboard lessons available over Zoom/Skype. 
    Nik you always are, and it's a better place for it xx
    Nik you always are, and it's a better place for it xx
    What a lovely post to read!

Thank you very much for that! :) 
    Teacher, musician, generally an enthusiastic and peaceful idealist. Run the Contemporary Guitar Performance Workshop education project and the Audio Design Workshop studio. Online guitar and piano/keyboard lessons available over Zoom/Skype. 
  • I'm coming along..

Si
    tFB Trader
    So that is two of you plus @Handsome_Chris and me ;)

Thank you for the support, I'll see you there

Its looking awesome btw, I don't think I've ever been happier with it at this point
  • @jason , one of the things I like about The Guitar Show is that it keeps getting better.   I also know that there are going to be some great deals at the show.  It is actually possible to save more than the price of entry with some astute consumable sales .
    tFB Trader
    @jason , one of the things I like about The Guitar Show is that it keeps getting better.   I also know that there are going to be some great deals at the show.  It is actually possible to save more than the price of entry with some astute consumable sales .
    Cheers :)