Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Quad Jam (Nov 2018AD) FINAL Set list thread...

What's Hot

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5325
    I can probably do some, just need to put my bass back together to practice. Happy to drop out/pick up wherever, subject to needing warning for anything fast/complex.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I think @darthed1981 may have thrown his hat in the ring, but if not I'll do the riff/solo for Mardy Bum. No need to do it twice though if Ed's already up for it.
  • Snags said:
    I think @darthed1981 may have thrown his hat in the ring, but if not I'll do the riff/solo for Mardy Bum. No need to do it twice though if Ed's already up for it.
    I'd really like a run through doing vocals, as it's sort of a song about my marriage, so I'd like some kind of recording of me singing it.

As @Legionreturns wants to sing it as well it is one I'm sure we could manage twice, it isn't a long song, what says organiser @mrkb and jam dictator @Bridgehouse ??
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    Snags said:
    I'd really like a run through doing vocals, as it's sort of a song about my marriage, so I'd like some kind of recording of me singing it.

As @Legionreturns wants to sing it as well it is one I'm sure we could manage twice, it isn't a long song, what says organiser @mrkb and jam dictator @Bridgehouse ??

Come prepared to sing it and it will probably happen. If legionreturns has a knife to tongue moment before then you'll be sorted.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Wondering why Kings of Speed is the only song not to have a committed bass player.  :s

The answer to the question someone is bound to ask: No.

Any four string addicts out there fancy the challenge?
  • mrkb said:
    Snags said:

Come prepared to sing it and it will probably happen. If legionreturns has a knife to tongue moment before then you'll be sorted.

@darthed1981 I'm more than happy for you to sing it, not that bothered. 

I'm all about bass at quad 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • fandango said:
    Wondering why Kings of Speed is the only song not to have a committed bass player.  :s

The answer to the question someone is bound to ask: No.

Any four string addicts out there fancy the challenge?
    Oh ffs go on then...unless @Bridgehouse particularly wants it? 

@mrkb can you pretty please take me off vocals for Level 42, as I'm simply not going to be able to play that bassline at the same time as singing. 

@darthed1981 can we have a chat about which bit on Cigs you think are lead / rhythm? It's not necessarily obvious apart from the solo bits. I'd usually play the low parts, which includes the intro, because the higher part comes in over it. 

• I'm all about bass at quad 
    All about that bass, no treble eh?

Thanks BTW

• @darthed1981 can we have a chat about which bit on Cigs you think are lead / rhythm? It's not necessarily obvious apart from the solo bits. I'd usually play the low parts, which includes the intro, because the higher part comes in over it. 
    Sure no problem, PM me?
  • mrkb said:
    Come prepared to sing it...
    First time for everything! :)
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    mrkb said:

Have update list - also noticed While My Guitar Gently Weeps - needs guitar players.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17wVgYt1RDjEr2LDEAWGY1-w4OSoMKrDqypiq8ULObBc/edit#gid=760388105

Yeah...Ill take on Acoustic or elec guitars on this...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • (Newcomer) 
    I'd like to give Lil Devil a crack please, on rhythm. I'm a bedroom guitarist and a poor one at that though. 
    I'm a Grade 4 bedroom guitarist, never played live, who seems to think he needs 5 guitars.
    edited September 2018
    That's no impediment. The advantage of the jams is that there are enough people that any mistakes get nicely hidden

You'll also find you're probably alot better than you think.
  • @Skinnyhead45 we have lots of support available if you need it, anything else on the list you fancy as well?  No need to restrict yourself to one song :)

I've personally had a lot of support at the jams and will be very happy to help you achieve what you want from the day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    (Newcomer) 
    I'd like to give Lil Devil a crack please, on rhythm. I'm a bedroom guitarist and a poor one at that though. 
    Great, and there are other simple 12 bar style songs you could add some rhythm in (Juniors wailing).

if you PM me your email address I can send you my song sheet for Lil devil, and a one pager with he solo tab if you fancy trying that (We can run through it the the practice room on the day and if you don’t feel confident I can cover the solo) - same applies to you @Brocco
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • @Skinnyhead45 there are plenty of us who will happily take you into one of the other jam rooms and help you practise and learn easy rhythm parts on the day. You'll be fine! 

• Not a Bass player but just picked one up for my Birthday, could i try bass duty on Li'l devil
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12253
    @Skinnyhead45 there are plenty of us who will happily take you into one of the other jam rooms and help you practise and learn easy rhythm parts on the day. You'll be fine! 
    Does that sound a little creepy to anyone else? : )
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Skinnyhead45 there are plenty of us who will happily take you into one of the other jam rooms and help you practise and learn easy rhythm parts on the day. You'll be fine! 
    Cheers, much appreciated 
    I'm a Grade 4 bedroom guitarist, never played live, who seems to think he needs 5 guitars.
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 536
    I've just been added to the main list - not sure if I'm supposed to still suggest 3 more songs or not, but if so: 

ACDC - You shook me all night long (lead pls) 
    Bon Jovi - You Give Love a Bad Name (lead)
    Bon Jovi - Livin on a prayer (lead)

Of the ones on the list currently (don't want to step on any toes, but everything seems to be called already):

I wouldn't mind the main guitar/solo on Wanted Dead or Alive (the last post I can find says it's available, but the spreadsheet says Alnico is doing it?  Maybe I missed a post on my read through). 

Dancing in the moonlight lead (I think someone already called it, so if we do another run through I'd love a go). 

If you do another run through wishing well, I'd love to have a go at lead.

I could probably learn lead to Mardy Bum. 

Also happy to jam on Rockin in the Free World or Word Up. 

Mainly happy to just meet everyone and say hello! :) 

Out of interest - do people tend to note for note on solos or improv their own in the key?