Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Official FB Jam - Quad (Leicester) Edition - Saturday 24th November 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    @TTony ta, it's a bit of a hike for me for a day, pls bump me to the bottom of the reserve list so others have priority.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16656
    I will be coming... just confirmed with wifey that she is not working.  I won’t be playing

will pay soon
  • I’ll be coming too. Happy to slot into a 3rd guitar role or any 2nd playing of popular songs. Will pay as soon as back in the UK, Monday next week.
  • Hi, I'd like to come and play please! I'll sort PayPal out asap. Do I need to prep a song? First time at this so excuse any stupid questions. 
    I'm a Grade 4 bedroom guitarist, never played live, who seems to think he needs 5 guitars.
  • Hi, I'd like to come and play please! I'll sort PayPal out asap. Do I need to prep a song? First time at this so excuse any stupid questions. 
    Pop into the setlist thread, anything catch your eye?

No obligation to play in the main room BTW there are extra rooms where you can jam, try gear or bring your own amp and dime it!

Need any other help or anything then feel free to PM me :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    @TTony - I had actually already notified @Bridgehouse that I wouldn't be able to make it. I'm flying off to Mumbai again that day. I guess he forgot to nuke me off the list. 

But if anyone is teetering on the edge, DO IT. These are fab events and well worth any effort involved...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27434
    edited September 2018
    Hi, I'd like to come and play please! I'll sort PayPal out asap. Do I need to prep a song? First time at this so excuse any stupid questions. 
    @Skinnyhead45 ;;

The normal approach is that those coming and playing get to suggest  songs that they'd like to play, and the organising team aim to pick at least one from everyone's suggestions.  Not always possible to guarantee the "at least one", but that's the aim.

Given that you'll be a new attendee and there's still a couple of months to the day, you get extra priviledges. 

Give us a list of 3 songs that you'd like to do, and we'll put at least one of them on the list reserved for you.

If there are other songs on the list that you'd like to play on, put your name forward.  Ignore that all the slots appear to be taken.  We'll either do extra runs through a song, or people will step aside for you.

You'll be amazed at how good you'll get between now and the day given the focus that your practising/prep will now have!  You'll also be amazed at how easy it is to play well within the supportive environment that these sessions are.  So, go for it ... (though I'd say 3-5 songs is probably a sensible aim).

[edit]
    The above also applies to anyone else for whom this would be a first (or maybe second) session.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    McToot said:
    I guess he forgot to nuke me off the list. 

That was just his sub-conscious hoping that you'd have a last minute change of plan and be able to make it
    ;)

@McToot now nuked.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    TTony said:
    McToot said:

That was just his sub-conscious hoping that you'd have a last minute change of plan and be able to make it
    ;)

@McToot now nuked.
    To be honest my main contribution to these is a general bonhommie and a proficiency in three chords (they're bloody good ones though). 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12326
    McToot said:
    TTony said:
    McToot said:

;)

@McToot now nuked.
    To be honest my main contribution to these is a general bonhommie and a proficiency in three chords (they're bloody good ones though). 
    Your bonhommie will be missed, and those chords...
  • @TTony ;
    Sorry mate I can't make it unfortunately
    @strumjoughlamps ;
    I've "promoted" you to the main list  - if you'd like to play (if only bass/drums) on anything, please let us know on the other thread.  As always, don't be put off my the apparent lack of spaces.
  • TTony said:
    @strumjoughlamps ;
    I've "promoted" you to the main list  - if you'd like to play (if only bass/drums) on anything, please let us know on the other thread.  As always, don't be put off my the apparent lack of spaces.
    Cool, cheers TT
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    @strat1990 - are you interested in this? You were after people to play with a few months ago.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 536
    Out of interest, how many more down the reserve list am I? 
    SteveF said:
    Out of interest, how many more down the reserve list am I? 
    The bad news @SteveF is that someone didn't put your name on the list, so you weren't on the reserve list at all.

But the good news is that after pruning the list for some dropouts, there's a space available on the main list, so you can go straight onto that, and miss all that reserving business completely.

I think that the good news probably outweighs the bad?
    ;)

Assuming that's all good with you, then please take a read of this post, and then head over to the SetList  thread and get your suggestions in, and name down
    :)
    Awesome. :) 
    I've paid @TTony :) 

• Skinnyhead45Skinnyhead45 Frets: 4
    edited September 2018
    Have paid now   @TTony ;
    I'm a Grade 4 bedroom guitarist, never played live, who seems to think he needs 5 guitars.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12326
    After detailed negotiations with @mrkb and @Snags I am going to sit out Leicester and go to Herts jam next week and Snags is going to play my parts on mardy bum and waterloo sunset.

@bridgehouse I am taking the champ to Herts so if you are there I will hand over, if not I will ask either Mark or Snags to take it to Leicester for you.