Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Slash Album and Tour announced

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776

It was Brian May - good old google.. even has a video of it. Im sure google will be my memory when Im older.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jun/15/guns-n-roses-review-wembley-1992-archive

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    mrkb said:

It was Brian May - good old google.. even has a video of it. Im sure google will be my memory when Im older.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jun/15/guns-n-roses-review-wembley-1992-archive

Really.. WOW.. I must be getting old    I have no recollection of that at all.. And theres me saying its a gig I will never forget lol  but actually its not the details I remember but the overall day..

I went to see if I still had my ticket for the gig but cant find it..  I did however also realise I saw Velvet Revolver twice   

https://i.imgur.com/F5tp1Q8.jpg

And a couple of old (thus crap) camera phone shots

https://i.imgur.com/uQ2QsLQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/v1TfwTq.jpg

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Rabs said:
    underdog said:
    Last I seen him with Myles was Birmingham, then Olympic stadium with GnR, last trip to Hammersmith was to see Eddie Vedder solo and it was fantastic. Really nice venue.

Not meaning to do the one upmanship or anything.. Rather sharing with another fan..  The best time what when I saw GnR at Wembley Stadium (before the remodelling) in I think 1991 and I also believe it was one of Izzys last gigs with them. That gig  is something I will never forget.

That would have been cool especially as Izzy was still on-board, that's rock history man.
  • Pre-booked the album (even with the silly £5 postage) and will get an e-mail about early gig ticket access this week. 
    Yes, I know I could have got this without pre-ordering.... but stuff it. 
    Considered the hoodie/book/LP package but it'd just become clutter.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2386
    edited September 2018
    Best I ever saw was front row at Download 2010. This is a pic I took:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    tFB Trader
    FarleyUK said:
    Best I ever saw was front row at Download 2010. This is a pic I took:

[img][/img]

Sweet pic....
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    Where The Flip the Doncaster Dome?!? Sound like a venue with a 200 people capacity! Nearest to me though so like like I’ll be headed there.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • beed84 said:
    I love Slash, obviously what he did in GNR, and thought the Snakepit albums were great.  However, these songs, although perfectly listenable, just don't it for me...it's like rock music by numbers. Also, IMO Kennedy's best work was the first two Alter Bridge albums; I've not been wowed by anything he's done since. 
    If you haven't caught up with AB recently, their new Royal Albert Hall DVD is definitely worth a watch. I really liked albums 3&4, the latest one not so much.

• Pre-booked the album (even with the silly £5 postage) and will get an e-mail about early gig ticket access this week. 
    Yes, I know I could have got this without pre-ordering.... but stuff it. 
    Considered the hoodie/book/LP package but it'd just become clutter.
    I got that package signed... can’t wait!!!

There is some footage from the Whisky show on YouTube now, looks great https://youtu.be/dKoS4mKBS-s

he’s using that same ugly Les Paul he did over the summer... what’s the bet that it’s the next signature as he used the anaconda for a while and then bam! they released it and he stopped using it. I wish they’d make a sig slash that wasn’t a limited edition like the PRS Tremonti so you don’t have to have the cash they day it comes out or be a millionaire to get one used.

beed84 said:
    I love Slash, obviously what he did in GNR, and thought the Snakepit albums were great.  However, these songs, although perfectly listenable, just don't it for me...it's like rock music by numbers. Also, IMO Kennedy's best work was the first two Alter Bridge albums; I've not been wowed by anything he's done since. 
    If you haven't caught up with AB recently, their new Royal Albert Hall DVD is definitely worth a watch. I really liked albums 3&4, the latest one not so much.

Fortress is the best AB album! I was at that Royal Albert Hall gig and the dvd is amazing. They did such a great job. The note Myles hits at the end of ‘Words darker than their wings’ is sickeningly good

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• Firstly - great pic!!

I'm not into AB, really :(

Great gig link there...! Looking forward to this. Sort of regretting not getting the book now - let us know what your signed copy is like!

• I’ll put some photos up @thomasross20 - almost don’t want to open it like!!

AB is an acquired taste im sure but that gig with the orchestra was insane. I got one of the 100 limited edition signed boxed sets of that too... definitely more money than sense!

theres a Jimmy Kimmel video of Slash on YouTube now... Slash really is on top form at the moment. I’ll be getting my presale tickets tomorrow morning!!

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

That LP he is using lately is pig ugly with dark edges and black pickups, black pickup rings combo 
  • supessupes Frets: 181
    The ‘91 Guns concert - wasn’t that the last gig with Izzy? With Steven Tyler and Joe Perry guesting too? I was at Wembley for that one and could have sworn it was in ‘91 with Faith no More and Soundgarden. 

Guns came on late, i wanted to see the end and missed both my bus and train home and ended up sleeping in the train station overnight!

Still, it was a long time ago and like a lot of things, the memory isn’t what it used to be! 
  • Oooh thanks for the heads up on Kimmel video!! I'll watch that before bed! 

Hope to get tickets tomorrow :)
  • Wow the quality on the Kimmel video is amazing, it's like being there!! 

Agree about the guitar Slash is using - bleurgh!
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    Where do you preorder the album to get early access for tickets?
  • Roadrunner records, not sure if it's too late - try now!
    I'm sure you can pre order up to the 15th of this month.
    Album presale tickets are about to go on sale......
    edited September 2018
    WTF? Sold out in 20 seconds!!!!!!

So much for early access for pre-ordering the album. What a joke.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom