Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Low-ball offers not worthy of comment

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    edited September 2018
    Always reply because you never know if they have the budget or not, they might just be trying to see how low you'll go.

As a buyer I sometimes think it's not worth trying to shave off a tiny bit more if you think it's going to go in to 'losing the sale' territory... but it depends how much you want the item, and how often you might get a chance to get it again.

If it's something I definitely want I'd rather offer a fair price and definitely get it, even if that means just using the BIN on eBay.

If I'd like it but only for a lower price then I'd offer the lower price and if they don't want to take it then that's fair play.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15954
    edited September 2018
    low balls  and high balls

Image result for rhinoceros

Image result for giraffe

tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22685
    I take low ball offers (and sometimes make them) as a start of negotiations. After a bit of too-ing and fro-ing I find agreement is often reached. So I’d never take offence by what someone offered me. If the seller is desperate to sell who knows,so always worth a punt. 

Agreed.  If offers are invited, you might as well start negotiations with a low one. 

£1,800 against an asking price of £2,300 seems fair to me, it's a significant amount of money, enough to show you're not taking the piss, and both parties know it's not going to be the final price.

Even if you were ultimately prepared to pay the full £2,300, there's no point making an initial offer of £2,200 and immediately settling on £2,250.  Leave negotiating room.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 996
    hootsmon said:
    low balls  and high balls

Image result for rhinoceros

Image result for giraffe

reminds me of the joke ... whats the differnce between a jcb and a giraffe ?

ones got hydraulic's and ones got high bollocks ...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I offered about £15 less for an item the other day, he replied with a counter offer of 40p off the price... I ignored it as I figured the guy just wasn't interested in offers oven though he had a best offer there. 

This morning eBay app tells me the listing has been reduced be £10ish.. 

Wtf!? 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom