Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Quad Jam (Nov 2018AD) FINAL Set list thread...

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
    It's just an assumption on my part, given another post of his on another thread ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:
    ahhh, I misunderstood before thought you were saying I could play/sing something from the set list..

okay I am going to step away from Afghan Whigs etc.. suggestions and think of songs that peeps might actually want to participate in.

Teenage Kicks - Undertones

Run or Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

Otherside - RHCP
    I would bass chasing cars - done that before
     @Bridgehouse  ;-  I presume that @strumjoughlamps ;; might actually like to play on the song that he suggested himself rather than suggesting something for you to play ...
    I would like to sing on Chasing Cars, I can also do the riff if that’s what it is called and sing at the same time but mainly I would like to sing.

bass wise I am considering Wanted DoA as I can get it on Rocksmith and hopefully learn it in time but I shall think on RE that one.
  • TTony said:
    ahhh, I misunderstood before thought you were saying I could play/sing something from the set list..

okay I am going to step away from Afghan Whigs etc.. suggestions and think of songs that peeps might actually want to participate in.

Teenage Kicks - Undertones

Run or Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

Otherside - RHCP
    I would bass chasing cars - done that before
     @Bridgehouse  ;-  I presume that @strumjoughlamps ;; might actually like to play on the song that he suggested himself rather than suggesting something for you to play ...
    I would like to sing on Chasing Cars, I can also do the riff if that’s what it is called and sing at the same time but mainly I would like to sing.

bass wise I am considering Wanted DoA as I can get it on Rocksmith and hopefully learn it in time but I shall think on RE that one.
    Well I’m certainly not singing chasing cars :D

Reminder - Google Sheets doc here - with a handy "see what you're playing" indicator too.
  • @TTony did you want me to do bass on Crazy Mama?
  • @TTony , I thought that the set list was a done deal at this point.  I didn't realise that there were still options for us virgin jammers.
  • @TTony , I thought that the set list was a done deal at this point.  I didn't realise that there were still options for us virgin jammers.
    There’s always opportunity for you to pop your cherry
    There’s always opportunity for you to pop your cherry
    Given some of Chris' previous ideas I'm interested to here his suggestions

cough cough Faster cough cough ;)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @TTony , I thought that the set list was a done deal at this point.  I didn't realise that there were still options for us virgin jammers.
    @Handsome_Chris ;

There's still over two months to the session, so that gives time to swap the setlist about a bit.   If this were the week before, then not so much!

There are two main reasons to swap it about;
    1.  To make sure that those coming have got the chance to do something that they want to do - with priority given to the jam-virgins.  So that'd include you!
    2. To remove songs that don't prove popular - the published list was really a starter-for-10 and we always said that it could be changed.
    Just keep in mind that simple songs done well is normally a better experience for all involved than something more complex that ends up as a car crash, and it needs to be something sing-able by our very-not-professional vocalists  ;)
    @TTony did you want me to do bass on Crazy Mama?
    Looks like you are?  Although I can foresee that one getting dropped as one of the not-so-populars and/or to make room for new suggestions from Handsome et al.
  • TTony said:
    @TTony did you want me to do bass on Crazy Mama?
    Looks like you are?  Although I can foresee that one getting dropped as one of the not-so-populars and/or to make room for new suggestions from Handsome et al.
    Happy to do so. And yes, it’s one of the less popular at the mo..
  • TTony said:
    With just over 2mths to go, this is pretty much the final call for the newly confirmed attendees to suggest (up to) 3 songs that they'd like to play on the day.

No guarantees that any will get picked, but if you don't suggest them, I can guarantee that they won't get picked for the main song list! 

You don't have to suggest anything, and don't have to play on the day either, but if you're not intending to do either/both, please let us know and they we know that you've not been overlooked
    :)

@steveF
    @handsomechris
    @skinnyhead45
    @strumjoughlamps
    @lodius

@billyk57 ; -  I don't think you've paid yet?
    Ok, Can I suggest:

Gypsy- Uriah Heep
    In Bloom- Nirvana 
    Pictures of matchstick men- status quo (my wah pedal is being underused of late)

Cheers
    I'm a Grade 4 bedroom guitarist, never played live, who seems to think he needs 5 guitars.
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 536
    Ok, not sure if these are easy to sing or not - not being a singer myself.  Hopefully there's something in here that's suitable. 

Knocking on Heaven's Door - G n' R version (For the guitars at least, not expecting Axl Rose wailing on the vox!)
    Here I Go Again - Whitesnake (If @paulmapp8306 fancies the keys?) 
    Always on the Run - Lenny Kravitz

• @darthed1981 @TADodger will get in touch about holiday road! 

Somebody's doing GNR kohd? Damn, awesome!
  • That's a shame about level 42 song, I learnt it and there's a bit for extended solo section :lol: 
    Just a suggestion at this stage.  Not sure how much justice I would do it, though! :lol:  Certainly not how you knocked You Could be Mine out of the park at GASfest.  I don't think I have improved a bit since then unfortunately :/ 
  • It's certainly a song with opportunity for extended solo sections.. ;) I'm sure you're awesome, Steve! I've not put the hours in I ought to since then... 
    Cheers mate, we shall see.  I'm just happy to be getting to play live with some other people again.  Been 10 years since my last gig. 
  • Not a Bass player but just picked one up for my Birthday, could i try bass duty on Li'l devil
  • adampeter said:
    Not a Bass player but just picked one up for my Birthday, could i try bass duty on Li'l devil
    Best way to learn ;)