Country Guitar book?

What's Hot
daveyhdaveyh Frets: 681
Anyone recommend a good book for this? Fancy adding some country stuff to my playing
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited September 2018

I bought another one of his books years ago, then found out he lives near me and was having fortnightly lessons off him around the time the country one was published,

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513

I bought another one of his books years ago, then found out he lives near me and was having fortnightly lessons off him around the time the country one was published,

Heresy! Perversion! Post reported. :p

I mean, just look at the cover! Wholly unacceptable behaviour, what were they thinking putting a Les Paul on there?!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/515IybEL2UL._SX372_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lol. I said that at the time and he said the publisher chose the artwork.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Jim LIl is a great channel, and he has this free pdf which I like

https://jimlillmusic.com/product/book/

Worth a shot if it's free!
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4943
    I have a book on Country Guitar written by Lee Hodgson. I will check and give you the details later. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Of course... +1 for Lee Hodgson!
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 681
    You guys are ace!
  • Levi Clay has several country books; don't know how good they are but he's an occasional poster on here ( even if his user name escapes me and I've a feeling he left in a huff but I might be wrong) so in the spirit of supporting other forum members his books. He has a shed load of YouTube videos as well although not all country. Some very positive reviews for his Country Guitar for Beginners on Amazon. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1211
    Levi Clay has several country books; don't know how good they are but he's an occasional poster on here ( even if his user name escapes me and I've a feeling he left in a huff but I might be wrong) so in the spirit of supporting other forum members his books. He has a shed load of YouTube videos as well although not all country. Some very positive reviews for his Country Guitar for Beginners on Amazon. 
    @missmisstreater Taken me a day to remember that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • m_c said:
    Levi Clay has several country books; don't know how good they are but he's an occasional poster on here ( even if his user name escapes me and I've a feeling he left in a huff but I might be wrong) so in the spirit of supporting other forum members his books. He has a shed load of YouTube videos as well although not all country. Some very positive reviews for his Country Guitar for Beginners on Amazon. 
    @missmisstreater Taken me a day to remember that!
    I had it in my head as meanmistreater ( which is a Grand Funk song) but that wasn't right. He hasn't posted since May but he knows his chicken picken.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Rocker said:
    I have a book on Country Guitar written by Lee Hodgson.

That might be ...

"Hot Country: A Comprehensive Guide To Lead And Rhythm Country Guitar Playing."
    ISBN: 1-86074-138-X  
    c.1997
    Be seeing you.
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    I've got the Lee Hodgson book & it's great. Very heavily biased towards Albert Lee style but nowt wrong with that.
  • I still lurk, just not ok with that old forum mentality of "this is our place, you're just an outsider" and being accused of being here solely to promote myself rather than (as my post history suggests) help people.

If you have any questions about country guitar (not just books) I'm happy to help :)
    Support me on Youtube or Patreon
    https://www.patreon.com/leviclay    |    https://www.youtube.com/c/leviclay