Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What is your 'always on' pedal??

What's Hot
OnparOnpar Frets: 416
What is your 'always on' pedal?

Mine is either TS with gain down, or KOT clone again with gain low. To my ears this just shapes the 'clean' sound and gives it a lot more character than just the amp. Interested to know your thoughts.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2573
    tFB Trader
    what amp are you using? you maybe just need a different amp and can save on your electric bill
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Boss HM-2
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 416
    what amp are you using? you maybe just need a different amp and can save on your electric bill
    Usually a Hot Rod Deluxe
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    Compressor. An ancient Dyna Comp for guitar. Keeley Comp Pro for bass.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2573
    tFB Trader
    Onpar said:
    Usually a Hot Rod Deluxe
    Thought it would be a Fender, you are using a pedal to boost the mids, which most fenders lack, but if you are playing texas blues type stuff then that is the easiest way to get there
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 416
    Onpar said:
    Usually a Hot Rod Deluxe
    Thought it would be a Fender, you are using a pedal to boost the mids, which most fenders lack, but if you are playing texas blues type stuff then that is the easiest way to get there
    Yep. It can sound a bit weak and doesn't always cut through without a pedal to give it something, even for funk rhythm stuff it adds something to help it rise above. This might sound strange as it's bloody loud but can get lost. I know there is a big difference between what sounds good at home and what works in a live situation.
  • Clean boost setting on the RYRA, but I have since discovered that my Boss SD-2 with gain down level up produces a rather pleasing boost. Love the gain boost on my FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz can be used as a treble boost and makes those single notes stand out
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nothing. I got my clean sound right with the amp. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2234
    Nothing. I got my clean sound right with the amp. 
    This. I own a lot of pedals, 5 that do gain, and if i play clean all the time dont plug in pedals. 

I like stuff to work with minimal effort.
  • Tc corona
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    edited September 2018
    Mute. Well I use it as a volume knob. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Anarchy Gold Class. On probably 90% of the time. It just adds the tiniest bit of sparkle. 

If TGP knew about it I'm 100% convinced it'd be a "thing"

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    What are you on about? Fender type clean amp + low gain pedal is probably the most common base tone out there. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • At gigs it's Belcat Comp and Danelectro Fab  Echo. During practise and rehearsal it's nothing.
  • Always have reverb on - BOSS RV5 or BlueSky
  • My pedalboard only comes out for gigs. When I was using my Blackstar Artisan 15 head live, I always used an Xotic SL Drive at the front end. Since I got my Orange Rocker 15 Terror, I'm loving just going straight into that.
    I do always have a Red Panda Context on a subtle delay effect which allows my guitar to blend with the backing tracks better. 
  • ISP decimator, set and forget
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 948
    Being an ambient player, about four delays and three reverbs.  =)
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Compressor (big box Cali76 with blend) is always  on.

And...  more often than not (like the OP) , an overdrive  set to low gain for a clean and subtle enhancement of punch and all round tone. (Revivaldrive)

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    King of tone i guess, but only when using single coils for volume matching with Humbuckers.