Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What is your 'always on' pedal??

What's Hot

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    Rockett Josh Smith Dual Trem - with no Trem but gain set at 1 o'clock for a slight push.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wampler Ethereal 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    Another regular HRD user, mine is set nicely for me on cleans.
    Bass 5, Mid 8, Treb 8, Pres 8. Sometimes knock the tone back a touch on the guitar to get the peaks nice. Sits in the mix nice but distinct and pops out when needed.
    Always on is just a boss half rack RCL10 comp that flickers into life when I dig in rather than pulls everything down all the time.
  • Klon KTR for the clean boost win.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    My tuner
  • steersteer Frets: 1161
    Mooer Yellow compressor is always on, and 90% of the time the Zoom Multistomp is set to spring reverb. 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2558
    A home made Rat clone with the gain turned down. I'm almost certain I could get the same tone just with amp, but it works so I see no reason to change. Also I find it easier to dial in when switching from Joyo American Sound at home, to Fender Twin in the rehearsal studio, to Blues Deluxe on the rare occasions I get to use my own amp. If I was using the Blues Deluxe all the time, I suspect the Rat would be turned off.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27587
    Helix, obvs.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Recent gigs and rehearsals, Flyrig 5.  Use the Sansamp section to get a slightly more present, aggressive feel to my amp's clean sound, usually with a touch of 'verb as well and add the plexi drive, boost and delay as required.

I'm exploring other options including a recently acquired HX Effects so may not stick with this but so far in 2018 it's been always on.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • RC boost. 
  • Reverb pedal (Flint now, but formerly Immerse), and usually a very low gain drive or clean-ish boost, so, currently a modded ODR-1 clone, or a Durham Sex Drive clone. Those are there to add a tiny bit of top end sparkle to clean sounds, and give a bit of grit if I dig in hard.
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 415
    Wow! Surprised how popular this discussion has been. Interesting stuff. I usually use reverb from the amp so interesting to hear quite a few are using reverb pedals.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Surprised (unless I missed it) that no one has mentioned Xotic EP boost! I use one (a DIY clone) all the time last in line. I play mainly Strats with low output single coils and I like to boost the signal level a bit before it hits the amp. I aso find it adds something extra that I like to drive/dirt pedals, particularly Ge Fuzz.
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    Flashback delay.
    If I was doing the rock/blues gig, my KoT would probably be on 90% of the time too.
  • TC Spark Boost - apart from usual TC latency issues, an all things to all men pedal
  • When I have a Klone on my board, that. When I have a Super Hard On, that. I'm amazed to get this far in a thread like this without seeing the SHO; ten years ago they were all the rage. 

To be honest I think I'd be equally happy with almost any clean boost (though that said I've owned two full-size TC Spark boosts and sold both).
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2924
    tFB Trader
    NS2, makes everything sound good, praps because of the buffer.
    Keeley 4k comp for clean. Flint nearly always if only for a litte bit of plate to add a bit of air/space type thing
  • My “base” tone is a Xotic SP Compressor into a Nobels ODR-1. However, the ODR-1 will get turned off if I want really clean and the comp gets turned off if I started stacking more gain or when I need more control of dynamics.

ps. The SP has actually been replaced by the Helix SP model
  • Hudson Broadcast 24v, with the gain set fairly low on the normal channel
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • Earthquaker Palisades.. 
    I just recently got a Broadcast 24v though and I think it will change to that soon.