Jimmy Chamberlain - Smashing Pumpkins (Drummer)

What's Hot

Comments

• I really like Jimmys drumming, and laughed at his comment about once he's done the second take thats it, it's what god wants!! Pretty much what Butch Vig said about him too. 

He is completely different to the drummers I normally like, but he's amazing in the Pumpkins.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 972
    I need to go back and listen to more of the Pumpkins.

Boromedic said:
    I really like Jimmys drumming, and laughed at his comment about once he's done the second take thats it, it's what god wants!! Pretty much what Butch Vig said about him too. 

He is completely different to the drummers I normally like, but he's amazing in the Pumpkins.
    Also loved that bit & when he said about a drummer who knows ProTools is just an awful thing!
  • Hahaha, yeah that made me chuckle too!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Absolutely one of my favourite drummers.  I love how he plays inside all the inflections of the guitar riffs
  • Brilliant! One of my favourite drummers. There are some great videos on Youtube of Jimmy at the Chicago Music Exchange worth checking out if you enjoyed this one.
  • Awesome drummer. Definitely a massive part of the pumpkins sound
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 972
    cgumtree said:
    Brilliant! One of my favourite drummers. There are some great videos on Youtube of Jimmy at the Chicago Music Exchange worth checking out if you enjoyed this one.
    Cool!

https://youtu.be/aoG0P0C3geQ
  • An absolutely fantastic drummer, one of my faves for sure.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    duotone said:
    I need to go back and listen to more of the Pumpkins.

Boromedic said:
    I really like Jimmys drumming, and laughed at his comment about once he's done the second take thats it, it's what god wants!! Pretty much what Butch Vig said about him too. 

Also loved that bit & when he said about a drummer who knows ProTools is just an awful thing!
    Well, I have to say I've never really listened to the band, but he's piqued my interest.

Good timing too, as I've been watching The Art Of Drumming on the telly.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited December 2018
    There are some very good drummers in the alt/indie scene, Jimmy Chamberlain, Stephen Morris, Topper Headon, Boris Williams, etc.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.