Rosewell Amps

What's Hot
Any users on here? Keen to hear what experience anyone has with the amps...…...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Never tried but always liked the look of the blues cub before I bought a champ, couldn't find any reviews or videos which put me off buying.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    here is Bill Nelson with his Rosewell Bandmaster...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

No theres not a lot of demos out there, despite them having a few named artists.....

• Doesn't the Arctic Monkeys have his amps or at least their amps serviced by him ?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Doesn't the Arctic Monkeys have his amps or at least their amps serviced by him ?
    I understand the 'other' Monkey guitarist plays a few Rosewell models alongside vintage amps that are serviced by them along with Alex Turners gear.

• Never tried any of the amps but I take all my repairs to Dave. He's a lovely guy and very knowledgeable. He has indeed just serviced all the Arctic Monkey's amps prior to their upcoming tour.
  • drwiddly said:
    Never tried any of the amps but I take all my repairs to Dave. He's a lovely guy and very knowledgeable. He has indeed just serviced all the Arctic Monkey's amps prior to their upcoming tour.
    Yeah saw that on facebook, 14 odd amps wasnt it?

• Yes, I think so. I haven't seen Dave for a while but one of my amps needs a service so might pop down next week. He recently moved his workshop from Carcroft to South Elmsall.
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    drwiddly said:
    Yes, I think so. I haven't seen Dave for a while but one of my amps needs a service so might pop down next week. He recently moved his workshop from Carcroft to South Elmsall.
    I spoke to him a while ago and he's back working again.

I take all my amps to him for servicing and repairs, he does great work.
    I've seen the first amp he made for the AM, a tweed combo with alnico blues in.
    He makes very good amps, beautifully made.
  • I used to have the 5E3 30/15w that he produces, got it in a trade and Dave was good enough to honour the warranty and backed it up 100%
  • Asking as i bought a Custom 40w (based on a deluxe)so was after more info on it. Turns out Rosewell are in the process or have just moved so werent in a position to offer much in the way of correspondance when i contacted them.

• Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 320
    edited October 2018
    I have a 5e3 amp with tube driven tremolo and reverb, i think it´s called a bluespup or baby. I like it a lot, sounds grindy like a tweed deluxe and is made with quality components. The reverb and tremolo work well but due to the nature of tweed amps, the reverb isn´t very surfy. My other amp is a Vibroverb so this tweed suits me perfectly as I can get the true 60s fender sound from the VVRI and the Roswell is more for dirty Neil Young type rocking. It sounds good for rock too and especially with a Les Paul and a tube screamer,

Mine also has a switch to run both 6l6´s and 6v6´s so now I have it with 6l6 and a a different rectifier tube. Also sounds good but this mod took away some of that Deluxe sweetness, it´s not much dirtier there´s a firmer bigger sound, I´m not sure which I prefer but glad I can have both. 

I´ve been happy with the amp but wonder why there is so little info on these amps. I purchased the amp used from Reverb but have talked to the builder to ask some questions, and he was very polite and helpful, it was great to get some answers about my amp from the man who built it!

with les paul
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2hSD795lgA

with mosrite
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-E72-KkRxg

• 57Deluxe said:
    here is Bill Nelson with his Rosewell Bandmaster...

Enjoyed that alot. Should i know Bill Nelson? Got some great sound out of that Dusenberg and Combo!

• Hydra19 said:
    I have a 5e3 amp with tube driven tremolo and reverb, i think it´s called a bluespup or baby. I like it a lot, sounds grindy like a tweed deluxe and is made with quality components. The reverb and tremolo work well but due to the nature of tweed amps, the reverb isn´t very surfy. My other amp is a Vibroverb so this tweed suits me perfectly as I can get the true 60s fender sound from the VVRI and the Roswell is more for dirty Neil Young type rocking. It sounds good for rock too and especially with a Les Paul and a tube screamer,

Mine also has a switch to run both 6l6´s and 6v6´s so now I have it with 6l6 and a a different rectifier tube. Also sounds good but this mod took away some of that Deluxe sweetness, it´s not much dirtier there´s a firmer bigger sound, I´m not sure which I prefer but glad I can have both. 

I´ve been happy with the amp but wonder why there is so little info on these amps. I purchased the amp used from Reverb but have talked to the builder to ask some questions, and he was very polite and helpful, it was great to get some answers about my amp from the man who built it!

with les paul
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2hSD795lgA

with mosrite
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-E72-KkRxg

Nice demo. The trem on that Mosrite is like a work of art/ engineering!

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3021
    Enjoyed that alot. Should i know Bill Nelson? Got some great sound out of that Dusenberg and Combo!
    Guitarist/songwriter with Be-Bop Deluxe.

R.
  • Enjoyed that alot. Should i know Bill Nelson? Got some great sound out of that Dusenberg and Combo!
    Guitarist/songwriter with Be-Bop Deluxe.

R.
    Heard the band name, must look them up.

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3021
    shaunm said:
    That is indeed a bargain. I guess people just don't want high-power amps these days.

R.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
    shaunm said:
    That is indeed a bargain. I guess people just don't want high-power amps these days.

R.
    @robinbowes I bet it is an absolute beast of an amp, it will be bloody loud.
  • john_rjohn_r Frets: 123
    I used to own a Rosewell 18 watt head, marshall type clone, sounded great and build quality was fantastic. Although I was not the original owner Dave honoured the warranty on it when it needed a new input jack and a bit of fettling. It was a great little amp, if I had the funds would snap up that blues king at that price!