The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1264
    There's too many people telling stories about a month's waiting list and not too many who would check it themselves. I see folks looking to buy one on kemper fb group that don't even know they can order directly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGee said:
    There's too many people telling stories about a month's waiting list and not too many who would check it themselves. I see folks looking to buy one on kemper fb group that don't even know they can order directly.
    Ahh, that makes sense. I was wondering what I was missing and if there was some undercurrent of negativity around the availability that I'm not seeing. I'm not on FB so that makes sense. Madness!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • I'm sick of pissing about waiting for some sensible second hand prices on remotes. I bought direct in the end. People are absolutely mental to put £100 markup on it!
    I did tell you mate :)

• KrisGee said:
    Mine took 3 days from Deutschland 
  • I bought mine from Germany and service was prompt and efficient (stereotype alert!)

S
  • I'm sick of pissing about waiting for some sensible second hand prices on remotes. I bought direct in the end. People are absolutely mental to put £100 markup on it!
    I did tell you mate :)
    Ha, you did indeed. Was hoping for a bargain. Can't wait to get it now though, I've missed a looper!

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5111
    Evening all..... Tell me more about this Kemper unit? I only play at home and hate all things computer based. Is it a right royal pain in the arse to use? I’ve recently seen some great sounding YouTube clips with guys using it. What would I need at home? Monitors or a speaker cab? Somebody talk me out of it before it’s too late.  :)

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    The best way is to see if there are any Kemper owners near you. I’m sure for some Hobnobs or other tasty comestible someone will show you the ropes and you can try it with your guitar etc
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    tone1 said:
    Evening all..... Tell me more about this Kemper unit? I only play at home and hate all things computer based. Is it a right royal pain in the arse to use? I’ve recently seen some great sounding YouTube clips with guys using it. What would I need at home? Monitors or a speaker cab? Somebody talk me out of it before it’s too late.  :)

@tone1 ;You’re welcome to come over and check mine out matey :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5111
    edited September 2018
    simonk said:
    tone1 said:
    Evening all..... Tell me more about this Kemper unit? I only play at home and hate all things computer based. Is it a right royal pain in the arse to use? I’ve recently seen some great sounding YouTube clips with guys using it. What would I need at home? Monitors or a speaker cab? Somebody talk me out of it before it’s too late. 

@tone1 ;;;;You’re welcome to come over and check mine out matey
    @simonk ;Thanks mate! I thought you’d sold yours and gone all Helix...I’ll definitely take you up on that very kind offer.... and I’ll bring the Hobnobs or Biscuit of choice
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    I've changed everything around in my lounge, and now have a place for the Kemper within a cupboard that I can hook directly up to the PC..... the downside being it's now a pain in the arse to edit from the front panel!

Anyone use ToastME to edit it from the PC? If so, what are your thoughts on it?
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3466
    edited September 2018
    In light of @sweepy's comments in the Fractal thread, I was wondering how some of the fella's on here are getting on with their Kemper...like the relatively new owners like @Wazmeister and @FarleyUK? Still enjoying it, lads? Everyone else?

As for me...I'm finding new things that I love about it every day.

Current profile - Divided by 13 by MBritt with the strat and a bit of boost in front, heaven!

EDIT: and for those who haven't heard my new Les Paul into the Kemper, here's my gratuitous clip (with dodgy timing, apologies)

• KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1264
    edited September 2018
    I'm sick of pissing about waiting for some sensible second hand prices on remotes. I bought direct in the end. People are absolutely mental to put £100 markup on it!
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/323451962582

"... I've no problem holding onto it but have heard the stories of them going for silly amounts!"

500 quid that bellend wants for it!

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10102
    I bought one used recent for £325 and I thought that was overpriced. Sold it for what I got it for and felt guilty!

They arrive direct from Kemper in like 3 days. The used market on these is very overpriced. 

£250 is where they should be imo. 
  • In light of @sweepy's comments in the Fractal thread, I was wondering how some of the fella's on here are getting on with their Kemper...like the relatively new owners like @Wazmeister and @FarleyUK? Still enjoying it, lads? Everyone else?

Current profile - Divided by 13 by MBritt with the strat and a bit of boost in front, heaven!

EDIT: and for those who haven't heard my new Les Paul into the Kemper, here's my gratuitous clip (with dodgy timing, apologies)

To be honest, my Kemper has been all encompassing....

I havent even switched on my beloved Carr Rambler and Redplate CDS2; thats how good the Kemper is ! The Redplate may well be up for sale as a result.

Home set up is perfect.
    Live set up is getting there !

• In light of @sweepy's comments in the Fractal thread, I was wondering how some of the fella's on here are getting on with their Kemper...like the relatively new owners like @Wazmeister and @FarleyUK? Still enjoying it, lads? Everyone else?

I really like that clip mate.... very moody and atmospheric 

I really like that clip mate.... very moody and atmospheric 
    Thank you, sir, very kind of you indeed! :-) 

In light of @sweepy's comments in the Fractal thread, I was wondering how some of the fella's on here are getting on with their Kemper...like the relatively new owners like @Wazmeister and @FarleyUK? Still enjoying it, lads? Everyone else?

Still loving the Kemper - just waiting for the final release of the new reverb pack :)

A couple of things bugged me about the unit and the software (namely no hi and low cut in the cab or output block, and the various usability issues with Rig manager), but I've got ways around them. To me, the unit sounds fantastic - although now there's so many profiles to choose from!

I have found that a lot of the profiles you can purchase are not actually that great IMO. I tend to stick with some TopJimi and MattFigg profiles; a lot of the more 'premium' profiles just sound nasty to me.

Also finally sorted out a use for all three EXP pedal. In performance mode, I have each performance mode full of 'similar' amps - for example, in the first slot I have an AFD100 with Greenbacks, then with v30's then a Caswell modded JCM with Greenbacks, then v30's and then Creambacks. I use the expression pedals like this for all:

- Spring loaded pedal as wah (off at heel down)
    - Volume control pre-stack, with toe down as 0 (so I can use it to roll off the gain if needed)
    - Morph pedal adds a 2.2dB boost, more delay mix and time, more reverb, more gain and cuts some bass and high frequencies and engages a noisegate for solo spots

Loving it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Still loving my Kemper, always amazed by the tones and I’ve got it working for me live with the remote down to a tee. 

The onky thing that REALLY pisses me off is managing performances. I’ve got 60 odd tracks I play in various different orders each gig and it’s an absolute nightmare sorting that on the front panel. Rig manager isn’t much use either. 

I heard that they were working on this side of things so hopefully it’ll be addressed one day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Where's the new reverbs? :)

Hopefully they'll be bundled with an editor of some kind!