Bartel Amplifiers

What's Hot
fftcfftc Frets: 559
I see Mark Bartel, the designer of Tone-King amps has published details of his new 'Signature Series' Bartel amps in his latest newsletter.
3 amps, a 45W, a 24W and a 12W with interesting cabinet construction. No idea of prices yet. Probably a case of if you have to ask you can't afford! Still, I bet they will be good performers. I wonder if he has a UK distributor lined up yet.
http://bartelamps.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/BartelAmpsNewsletter_May2017.pdf

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9445
    I do like Mark's amps
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    he's a top geezer too - had several exchanges of emails with him over time and he is just an all round enthusiast like us at heart.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jimificationjimification Frets: 160
    edited May 2017
    Podcast interview with him talking about development of his new cabinet designs etc. here:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    Link not working. Hopefully this one will.

Doesn't instil confidence in making such weighty investments with any of these 'top' brands does it?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I see Mark Bartel, the designer of Tone-King amps has published details of his new 'Signature Series' Bartel amps in his latest newsletter.
    3 amps, a 45W, a 24W and a 12W with interesting cabinet construction. No idea of prices yet. Probably a case of if you have to ask you can't afford! Still, I bet they will be good performers. I wonder if he has a UK distributor lined up yet.
    http://bartelamps.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/BartelAmpsNewsletter_May2017.pdf

I've been in contact with Mark since PBG sold Tone King and when the amps are ready we'll be bringing them into the UK... They look excellent..... can't wait...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    DougCoda said:
    I've been in contact with Mark since PBG sold Tone King and when the amps are ready we'll be bringing them into the UK... They look excellent..... can't wait...
    Good to hear a distributor is in place @DougCoda .
    Have you been given any idea of a timescale or is it just ready when they're ready?
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    fftc said:
    DougCoda said:
    Have you been given any idea of a timescale or is it just ready when they're ready?
    Late 2017 I expect.....
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    anyone got one yet...they do sound great
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16010
    They need to sound a lot better than the TK Sky King ..........I thought that was awful
    DougCoda said:
    fftc said:
    DougCoda said:
    Late 2017 I expect.....
    blimey - they must be 'out of this world' good...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Nearly £5k for a 1x12 combo !, oh deary me 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    thats as expensive as some custom/master built guitars
  • Tried all 3 thanks to @DougCoda and liked them all.  Smallest breaks up a bit soon for me.  Speaker and cabinet changes a lot obviously but the pre-amp is the same across just with the headroom difference.

I went for the Roseland as I liked the extra size of cabinet and the trem is lovely. It also means I have headroom for pedal based drive if I want.

Can totally use without pedals though which is a nice option for me. It does plexi (from low gain to pretty cookin'), tweed which sounds great cranked in particular and cops a nice clean deluxe with a less scooped super reverb vibe available too.  It can also do a good Vox impression too.

The master is really good and much better than the attenuation I have tried in the past.

A lot of people have multiple guitars so if you take that into consideration it seems less crazy price as you get a few amps in one.  It is also built solely by one guy (check his Instagram for the videos of the knobs being moulded etc) whereas masterbuilt guitars are essentially just assembled by the builders from available parts.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    I have gone down to 1 acoustic 1 electric so spending this amount on an amp, assuming it is great and fleible, seems sensible in light of how much capital people have tied up in multiple guitars etc..rather than say £15k tied up in 8 guitars ans an amp why not use that for 1 electric 1 acoustic and 1 amp...?

i priced up a holiday the other week now that is expensive
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    Tried all 3 thanks to @DougCoda and liked them all.  Smallest breaks up a bit soon for me.  Speaker and cabinet changes a lot obviously but the pre-amp is the same across just with the headroom difference.

I went for the Roseland as I liked the extra size of cabinet and the trem is lovely. It also means I have headroom for pedal based drive if I want.

Can totally use without pedals though which is a nice option for me. It does plexi (from low gain to pretty cookin'), tweed which sounds great cranked in particular and cops a nice clean deluxe with a less scooped super reverb vibe available too.  It can also do a good Vox impression too.

The master is really good and much better than the attenuation I have tried in the past.

A lot of people have multiple guitars so if you take that into consideration it seems less crazy price as you get a few amps in one.  It is also built solely by one guy (check his Instagram for the videos of the knobs being moulded etc) whereas masterbuilt guitars are essentially just assembled by the builders from available parts.

Ever had a lazy j20? Any tweed comparisons to be made?
    Or a TK imperial for a blackface comparison?
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 336
    Tried all 3 thanks to @DougCoda and liked them all.  Smallest breaks up a bit soon for me.  Speaker and cabinet changes a lot obviously but the pre-amp is the same across just with the headroom difference.

Have you bought one Dan. How does it compare to your other amps?
    @dangriffiths ; lots of questions needing answers, stop working and pay attention Dan Jeeeeez
  • ruoma said:

Ever had a lazy j20? Any tweed comparisons to be made?
    Or a TK imperial for a blackface comparison?
    Had 2 lazy j's and it does that as well in my opinion. Trem and reverb are vastly better too. 

Very close to imperial on cleans as you would imagine.

Comparing to other amps I have gone through this is the most versatile and most enjoyable I have played.