Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Headrush Gigboard

What's Hot

Comments

• NelsonP said:
    steer said:
    Perhaps someone ought to produce an stomp box / interface and software that your ipad* plugs into. Seems to be the way things are going. 

Digitech did

But I suppose you're at the mercy of apple changing dimensions, connectors etc and making it instantly obsolete.
    Funny but when I look at this I instantly see all the downsides and none of the positives. It also somehow reminds me a bit of this...

I used to own an Atomic Reactor like this. The vinyl was so soft and scuffed very easily, but it did the job and amplified the Pod in a pleasing way. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    NelsonP said:

Still got one of these & the Pod XT to go with it!
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5373
    £599 too at Anderton's.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    Anyone ordered one yet? 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• Anyone ordered one yet? 
    Oh, c'mon. Like there aren't a couple at the Yamaha offices, just to see what they're up to ;)
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    Anyone ordered one yet? 
    Oh, c'mon. Like there aren't a couple at the Yamaha offices, just to see what they're up to ;)
    Genuinely no. Not that I've seen anyway. It was secretly launched at the LA Amp Show last weekend and started shipping here (the US) Monday. 

Just curious if anyone on here is like "oh my God, this is what I've been waiting for". 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Anyone ordered one yet? 
    Genuinely no. Not that I've seen anyway. It was secretly launched at the LA Amp Show last weekend and started shipping here (the US) Monday. 

Just curious if anyone on here is like "oh my God, this is what I've been waiting for". 
    It’s almost what I’ve been waiting for, what I would like to see is another row of buttons, a smaller screen and ‘Line 6’ written on it, just like a HX FX with amp modelling.

ive been asking for this for 2 years and they still haven’t built it.  Shocking customer service ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    steer said:
    Perhaps someone ought to produce an stomp box / interface and software that your ipad* plugs into. Seems to be the way things are going. 

* Other tablet and mobile devices are available. 
    Issue 436 of Guitarist from a couple of months ago reviewed a device which was basically this - and allowed for any size of tablet / iPhone. IK Multimedia's iRig Stomp I/O. Has a rubberised place to put your tablet/phone, four buttons, menus and a treadle pedal. They gave it 8/10 and it cost £315. Mainly for use with Amplitube I think. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    Thinking about it this seems like quite a smart move by Headrush.

Competing head-to-head with Helix is pretty tough.

But now they are a couple of hundred pounds cheaper and this starts to look quite compelling
    Its natural competitor is more like an Atomic Amplifire 6.
  • Looks like Headrush has just been bummed by L6, who've just announced something similar called HX Stomp.

• Looks like Headrush has just been bummed by L6, who've just announced something similar called HX Stomp.
    The Guitar Magazine have taken a Press Release webpage off line about such a thing... hmmm
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    Looks like Headrush has just been bummed by L6, who've just announced something similar called HX Stomp.
    That's twice. They must HATE Line 6.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It's now dropped in price at the big UK online retailers from £599 to £519. Clearly the HX Stomp has had an effect. I actually think I'd get on better with the Gigboard, though. We'll see when I get around to trying them both.
  • Maxx77Maxx77 Frets: 20
    I think this is great!
    Headrush is too big, like helix and gt-1000.
    Hx Stomp is too damn small to be usable.
    The features on the gigboard are great and a lot more manegeable in a live situation.
    Dont know the hype around L6. They have good products, but far from being the last coke in the desert.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    I prefer the display on the Gigboard - like a pictorial representation of an actual pedal board, with really easy editing options which can all be done on the same screen with less sub menu navigation. Although I still prefer real pedals, this one appealed to me because of how closely it matched them. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    What I'm not sure of yet is the persistence of model presets across multiple rigs.

Say I want a single basic amp and drive pedal to be consistent across a bunch of patches.  You can select and edit a preset for the amp and drive models from the drop-down list.  If you then edit the settings, and save back to the presets, I'm wondering if this automatically updates to all other rigs that are using those presets.  Does anyone know?  (I've emailed Headrush with this question, but no response after a few days...)

This is the one use case that the Helix series don't seem to cover.  Boss have it in the GT1000 with the "stompbox" feature.  In all other respects I prefer the look of the Gigboard (assuming it sounds good).
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    Trude said:
    What I'm not sure of yet is the persistence of model presets across multiple rigs.

Say I want a single basic amp and drive pedal to be consistent across a bunch of patches.  You can select and edit a preset for the amp and drive models from the drop-down list.  If you then edit the settings, and save back to the presets, I'm wondering if this automatically updates to all other rigs that are using those presets.  Does anyone know?  (I've emailed Headrush with this question, but no response after a few days...)

This is the one use case that the Helix series don't seem to cover.  Boss have it in the GT1000 with the "stompbox" feature.  In all other respects I prefer the look of the Gigboard (assuming it sounds good).
    I think there would be more people, myself included, wouldn’t want that.  For example, I use a JCM800 in lots of presets, but it’s set up very differently in different presets.  In the helix you can copy a black, eg an amp, with all its settings, between patches if you want to.
    John_A said:
    Trude said:

I think there would be more people, myself included, wouldn’t want that.  For example, I use a JCM800 in lots of presets, but it’s set up very differently in different presets.  In the helix you can copy a black, eg an amp, with all its settings, between patches if you want to.
    That's not quite what I meant. I think you can have as many presets for each model/amp as you want, and apply them to the rigs as appropriate. So say you have "JCM800 midgain",  "JCM800 highgain" etc. Then for every rig that contains a specific preset, it would be in sync. That's what I'm hoping anyway...

Trading feedback here
    Just got off a chat session with their support guys.  Nope, it can't do global presets like I was hoping  :(

Only the Boss GT1000 has this feature (other than the full fat AxeFX), so I guess I may have to go that way instead.

Trading feedback here
    In the Helix, and I assume the headrush as well, just create a preset called 'Hi Gain JCM' and store your amp in there then copy and paste it in to a new patch, or better still sore the amp and all your pedals there all set up how you like and use the patch as a basis or a new one, just re-order and add/remove as required then save as a new patch.  Easier than scrolling through a million amp models