Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481

Still haven’t settled on a blue-type and mostly just use stock cabs for that sound if needed

@gibsongretschfan I've got Celestion's blue IR and Ownhammer's Class-A pack, and to my ears the latter is definitely worth the money. The '60s blue and silver speakers are both great, in contrast the Celestion version sounds a bit shrill - like a new blue, straight out the box, not broken in and miked dead-centre.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I have no insight to what is being announced but I have a suspicion they may be adding amp models to the HX
    Anyone know anything?
  • Cirrus said:

Still haven’t settled on a blue-type and mostly just use stock cabs for that sound if needed

@gibsongretschfan I've got Celestion's blue IR and Ownhammer's Class-A pack, and to my ears the latter is definitely worth the money. The '60s blue and silver speakers are both great, in contrast the Celestion version sounds a bit shrill - like a new blue, straight out the box, not broken in and miked dead-centre.
    Stop costing me money!!! Lol seriously though will definitely give the OH ones a whirl, cheers for the heads up 

• Cabicular said:
    I have no insight to what is being announced but I have a suspicion they may be adding amp models to the HX
    Anyone know anything?
    If they do add amp models then I’m facked and going to need to buy one. Damn it Line 6
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • siremoon said:
    2.7 out this week apparently 
    Posted elsewhere by Mr.Igloo:
    • 2.70 is a major update from a development standpoint, but on paper, it's minor
    • 2.70 has no new models
    • 2.70 has only two things, both of which may be controversial
    • 2.70 will not be ready this week. Next week hopefully
    • 2.70 is not particularly related to the other news that is still happening this week

Wait. What’s the other news that’s happening this week?
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    Cabicular said:
    Anyone know anything?
    If they do, I'll buy one. 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited October 2018
    Cabicular said:
    Anyone know anything?
    Me too!  Hope they dont put up the price of the HX
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    John_A said:
    Cabicular said:
    Anyone know anything?
    Me too!  Hope they dont put up the price of the HX
    Probably hahahaha
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    The prices on any product are always going to be at the mercy of exchange rates I'm afraid. 

As far as amp models being put into HX. Thats not going to happen. Promise. There are a bunch of reasons but ultimately, sorry but no. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• The prices on any product are always going to be at the mercy of exchange rates I'm afraid. 

As far as amp models being put into HX. Thats not going to happen. Promise. There are a bunch of reasons but ultimately, sorry but no. 
    Of course...that doesn't rule out the possibility of a new product, probably of similar size to the HX, which does include amp models. Perhaps...at the £500-600 price point?

'cos if so...that'd be nobbling Headrush product releases twice in a row. Just sayin' ;)
    <space for hire>
    edited October 2018
    The prices on any product are always going to be at the mercy of exchange rates I'm afraid. 

Boo!  I almost ordered a HX hoping the rumors were true
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Of course...that doesn't rule out the possibility of a new product, probably of similar size to the HX, which does include amp models. Perhaps...at the £500-600 price point?

'cos if so...that'd be nobbling Headrush product releases twice in a row. Just sayin' ;)
    Hurrah! 
  • The prices on any product are always going to be at the mercy of exchange rates I'm afraid. 

Booo hiiiisssss
  • Some sort of HX level next gen Variax would be cool
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

wireless plugin for between rack and controller!

HX can be charged up in microwave and doesn't need the PSU!

Expression pedal can be used to change LED colours on stomps!

Tuner screen replaced with scrolling Pro/Anti Brexit/trump slogans, dependant on your opinion.

Helix native now cost more depending how many HX units you have.

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    edited October 2018

"The free HX Edit app allows you to customize nearly every aspect of the pedal’s operation" -

https://www.theguitarmagazine.com/news/line-6-hx-stomp/

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/141364/hx-stomp#latest

phone app for all helix?

• sgosden said:

"The free HX Edit app allows you to customize nearly every aspect of the pedal’s operation" -

https://www.theguitarmagazine.com/news/line-6-hx-stomp/

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/141364/hx-stomp#latest

phone app for all helix?

Nah, HX Edit is the PC/Mac app.
    <space for hire>
  • Is anyone having any success connecting an Android phone for audio in to the USB? I have a zoom G3 which instantly recognises the phone and plays through the usb b to type c adapter. Trying the same on the Helix the phone doesn't even recognise it as an interface. 
  • Is anyone having any success connecting an Android phone for audio in to the USB? I have a zoom G3 which instantly recognises the phone and plays through the usb b to type c adapter. Trying the same on the Helix the phone doesn't even recognise it as an interface. 
    It's because the G3 is a class-compliant audio device. The Helix isn't - it nearly is, but it's missing one critical function (it responds with nothing when the host device queries its sample rates). I've submitted it as a suggestion on the L6 Ideascale, but they haven't done anything as yet. Incidentally, that's all that's stopping it working on Linux, too.

Maybe 2.7 will fix it?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    It's because the G3 is a class-compliant audio device. The Helix isn't - it nearly is, but it's missing one critical function (it responds with nothing when the host device queries its sample rates). I've submitted it as a suggestion on the L6 Ideascale, but they haven't done anything as yet. Incidentally, that's all that's stopping it working on Linux, too.

Maybe 2.7 will fix it?
    Ah right thats great, something I didnt know. I have one of these http://www.altoedge.com/usbaudio/amigo-ii.html If i use a type B adapter with it, do you reckon that would work as a basic interface? I've ordered an adaptor on the off chance it might work. 99p lost if it doesnt and it'll probably come in handy elsewhere.