Cover Challenge #2

What's Hot

Comments

• BezzerBezzer Frets: 581
    edited October 2018
    OK, sending mine over now … was today or never so …

I'm just going to leave this here though … 

Do you see how many bloody vocals and mic'd up things I needed!!! ha ha … I'm an idiot

Edit: WTF don't images work!  Feckin' balls!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    edited September 2018
    Bezzer said:
    OK, sending mine over now … was today or never so …

I'm just going to leave this here though … 

https://imgur.com/a/CbtVZ3L

Do you see how many bloody vocals and mic'd up things I needed!!! ha ha … I'm an idiot

Edit: WTF don't images work!  Feckin' balls!
    Got it... you would not believe it but... we have two almost identical entries!... :)

shall i I do a play list?...
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 141
    poopot said: 

Got it... you would not believe it but... we have two almost identical entries!... :)

shall i I do a play list?...
    Yeah! Let's hear the first couple. I have been figuring mine out on an acoustic, got something to finish off and will start tracking guitars this coming week I think. 
    edited September 2018
    Ok, I’m out in that London but on my way back... will upload a playlist later on!.
    Ok... Playlist is up... We have 2 entries so far... (spookily close to each other)

Like I said previously, "Uncle" is sitting this one out but it turns out he has some rural relatives!!! not only that but those relatives have a neighbour on a farm down the road who have joined in the fun :)

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/hotstuff
  • Great stuff guys. 

I'll hopefully have something to contribute soon (which won't be redneck country). Just need to record a solo, process the vocals, mix and master. 
  • poopot said:
    Ok... Playlist is up... We have 2 entries so far... (spookily close to each other)

Like I said previously, "Uncle" is sitting this one out but it turns out he has some rural relatives!!! not only that but those relatives have a neighbour on a farm down the road who have joined in the fun :)

Is this what Hayseed Dixie fill their time with when not on tour?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Love the first two tracks, is that a real violin @Bezzer? Your cover reminds me of the clock tower party in Back To The Future 3. @poopot, the main guitar riff sounds perfect in the mix, great guitar layers as well. Well done!
    @IMC1980 unfortunately not, I don't have one any more (and it wouldn't've sounded in tune even if I did!), that was Gypsy from EastWest.  Really controllable, I love it.
    Its a real pig on mine tho' :)
  • Sent mine. I expect I'll get no points again, like last time. But who cares - I'm having fun.

It's not a competition.
    Bezzer said:
    @IMC1980 unfortunately not, I don't have one any more (and it wouldn't've sounded in tune even if I did!), that was Gypsy from EastWest.  Really controllable, I love it.
    It sounds really nice, I bet recording a real one to that level of quality would be a right ball ache....
    @stratman3142 is in... and he's driving a big truck of rock straight at the two farm boys!!!!!

Lovin this so far!!!!!
    edited October 2018
    Ha ha, that’s ace! It reminds me of, and @stratman3142 this a compliment, the theme to an 80s action cartoon ... like Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors or MASK. Loved it! 
  • enjoenjo Frets: 250
    edited October 2018
    Awesome @stratman3142 ;
  • Is it against the rules to have a singist @stratman3142 ? I may have secured the talents of a Lady who used to sing with a band project that me and some others used to be involved in. Anyway, to update, I have finished the music now, it just needs vocals and tweaking.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Is it against the rules to have a singist @stratman3142 ? I may have secured the talents of a Lady who used to sing with a band project that me and some others used to be involved in. Anyway, to update, I have finished the music now, it just needs vocals and tweaking.
    I don't run this one. It's down to @flying_pie and @poopot. But others have vocals on their tracks.
    It's not a competition.
    Is it against the rules to have a singist @stratman3142 ? I may have secured the talents of a Lady who used to sing with a band project that me and some others used to be involved in. Anyway, to update, I have finished the music now, it just needs vocals and tweaking.
    Go for it... I have had an uncle and a cousin singing on my entries so far ;)
  • poopot said:
    Is it against the rules to have a singist @stratman3142 ? I may have secured the talents of a Lady who used to sing with a band project that me and some others used to be involved in. Anyway, to update, I have finished the music now, it just needs vocals and tweaking.
    Go for it... I have had an uncle and a cousin singing on my entries so far ;)
    Ah, sorry @stratman3142 ;  I assumed it was you. Thanks @poopot ; Your surname is either Jackson or Osmond and I claim my £5.

:)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1806
    Go ahead with guest musicians (as long as they get the credit). There's nothing to stop there being collaborations between fretboarders as far as the Cover Challenge goes.

FWIW I plan to force Mrs Flying Pie into providing vocals for a cover at some point. But not for this one