SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

No ordinary Fender Blues DeVille. USA 4x10 boutique'd

What's Hot
simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 681
edited October 2018 in Amps £
I've had this amp 15 years. I'm going to miss it. Believe it or not, the external condition is almost identical to when I bought it. The rips, tears and "mojos and t0nz" were all there. It had obviously had a life. As for the innards, read on...!

As for what it is: an early 90s made in USA DeVille 4x10. The more recent ones are made in Mexico.

4 Fender speakers, clean and drive channels (no "more drive" channel like the Hot Rod DeVille). FX loop and all that jazz. The reverb doesn't currently work, the tray was bust when I got it. As someone who doesn't use reverb it's never bothered me but I can get it fixed before you buy or get the part from my tech and you can fit it yourself.

This was serviced on Denmark street about 10 years ago and again at the beginning of this year by Jon at JR Amps. Jon does great work. He even wears a white coat and science goggles! Trusted by several London studios I've worked in.

Jon didn't just service the amp (although he did stick all new valves in) but he upgraded many of the components. I asked him to do it as I'd recorded with a hotrod Deluxe he'd done for one of the aforementioned studios and just had to have mine the same!

The amp now sounds "ridiculous" (Jon's words not mine). Much more dynamic, unrivalled cleans (puts a DRRI to shame) and lovely Fender gain. Big, big sound. It looks super cool, too. Genuine road wear matched with well serviced and unrivalled inner workings.

So, closest you'll get to a Bassman for far less than half the price.

The work Jon did cost just under £300. I realise I will lose a lot of that but I'd like to get as close to £500 for this as possible. If you've been looking for one of these, please don't take my word for it. Try it out. I get to London quite often and travel around a lot. Let me bring it to you. See how it sounds. Put your pedals through it!

I always get compliments from other guitarists at shows, even those with their own DeVilles! It just looks the nuts and sounds even better. Comes with footswitch.

I can take more pics if you want to see any of teh mojos close up!

http://imgur.com/gallery/ajz4Q9I

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Embedded pic.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Awesome sales pitch man. Thank God you don't live in Birmingham  because I'd probably cave in and buy it . 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm sure I can get to Brum...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm sure I can get to Brum...
      I'd be mad to buy it really. I've just sold my Mark V because there is no band in sight. I'm stuck at home with a Princeton and I can't even play that as loud as I'd like, so what would I do with another beast? It's still appealing though! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kerryboykerryboy Frets: 169
    Excuse my ignorance, how many watts is this amp, and also, does it require pedals to drive it.
    Thanks
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    That is gorgeous. I don;t think I need another tweed though, but its a hell of a pitch you've put out there.
  • @kerryboy The DeVille is 60w. It's got a clean channel and an overdrive channel so no pedals required to drive it, though I've been very happy with the sound of a RAT, Muff and Klon clone into the clean channel at various times.

That said, you can crank the clean channel and get a gain sound that way, too, if you're on good terms with your neighbours 3 roads over!

The two inputs are quite useful, one has a 10db(I think?) pad so you can get a less saturated sound and more headroom with the same guitar. Also useful for reigning in humbuckers.
    Thanks for your quick response. Just a further question. Has the lettering worn off the control panel?
    Also, where is the amp located and do you ever head up the M40 to Warwickshire by any chance?
  • Ah, no it hasn't. I can get you a better pic of that - it's the mirror finish with my white wall reflecting onto it with white writing. Genius!

It's currently near Farnham in Surrey. It can be in London and can probably meet halfway to you, will double check my diary but don't think I'm due Warwickshire way anytime soon unfortunately.

Si
    Thought you said you visited Brum from time to time. What about Coventry/Rugby via the M6 then.
  • PM'd you, @kerryboy .
    Pm'd you back
  • Some solid interest but things haven't quite fallen into place.

Still available and heading from South-East London to Wakefield this weekend...
  • Bump
  • Love the look of this amp, it’s pouring mojo out the screen! Wish I could get my strat sold as is just what I am looking for at the moment! GLWTS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Still got this.

Heading to Kent, Kempton Park guitar show, Stroud, London and Tamworth and Huntingdon in the next fortnight or so...
    If you are going to Tamworth, then I would imagine that you will go via the M6.
    Do you have a date and time for that trip?
  • Yes, 5th Nov, although I'm not leaving London til 10pm.

Unfortunately I'm going on a coach with a production company, too, so I'm not able to stop midway. Any meeting would have to be at the studio on the 6th or my hotel very late on the 5th.

That doesn't sound in any way seedy or suspicious now, does it?!

Happy to try and work something out, though.
    It's been a while since I've been asked to turn up at someone's hotel late at night.
    On serious note, those timings don't help. If you had been in your car i was going to suggest swinging off at Coventry.
    No worries.
  • Yeah sorry, would've been a perfect opportunity...