Favourite Fuzzdogs?

What's Hot

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Oooh, looks like pedalpartsplus.com do pretty much any enclosure you want, pre-drilled however you need, and in a bazillion colours. Looks like I'll be sticking to my block colour with dymo label approach :)
    Not sure about shipping to your part of the world but it was way too expensive to the Uk when I looked at PPP.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7671
    Matt_McG said:
    @Paul_C Yeah. ;;

I just quickly did that. Square wave with a few  speed settings, and then sine wave with the same. Depth at full in both cases. The speed range can go way higher, or way lower.

thanks for that :) - looks like I'll be placing an order pretty soon, once I've rummaged through my pile of unused enclosures to see if I can get away without buying one.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3021
    edited September 2018
    Anyone done the Cone Cranker? I think it's an EQD Speaker Cranker clone
    I'm selling one, if you fancy it? 

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/107387/fs-eqd-speaker-cranker-clone

R. 
  • Adam_MD said:
    Oooh, looks like pedalpartsplus.com do pretty much any enclosure you want, pre-drilled however you need, and in a bazillion colours. Looks like I'll be sticking to my block colour with dymo label approach :)
    Not sure about shipping to your part of the world but it was way too expensive to the Uk when I looked at PPP.  
    Shipping starts at about $20, which isn't too bad, but there's an arbitrary uplift of another $20 or so with no reason given, so might drop them a mail. Need to work out a clear plan of what I want first. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Do the Fuzzdog kits use quality components?

I want to build the Cornish buffer clone & was thinking about buying the PCB from Fuzzdog & sourcing the components elsewhere - is it worth the hassle?

• breadfan said:
    Do the Fuzzdog kits use quality components?

I want to build the Cornish buffer clone & was thinking about buying the PCB from Fuzzdog & sourcing the components elsewhere - is it worth the hassle?

I'm not aware of anyone ever complaining. The PCBs are really good quality, and everything else is pretty much standard as far as I'm aware. 

I can't imagine you'll save any money getting components from elsewhere. I think the PCB only option is more for those who have already bulk-bought pedal building gubbins but want a PCB to make their lives easier. 
  • breadfan said:

I'm not aware of anyone ever complaining. The PCBs are really good quality, and everything else is pretty much standard as far as I'm aware. 

I can't imagine you'll save any money getting components from elsewhere. I think the PCB only option is more for those who have already bulk-bought pedal building gubbins but want a PCB to make their lives easier. 
    It wouldn't be to save money - in fact it would cost a little more with multiple postage fees - it was simply to use 'top shelf' components - whether or not they'd actually make any audio difference, I don't know..

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breadfan said:
    breadfan said:

It wouldn't be to save money - in fact it would cost a little more with multiple postage fees - it was simply to use 'top shelf' components - whether or not they'd actually make any audio difference, I don't know..
    Ok, well it could make a smaller difference sound-wise, in as much as most "regular" components are built to a tolerance, so a 100k resistor might actual be 105k or 95k. If you pay more you can get tighter tolerances, so your 100k might only drift to 101k or 99k, but whether that's worth paying a lot more for is up for debate. For most components in most circuits probably not. 

Worth bearing in mind the manufacturers of the original pedals in each don't tend to go for super-tight tolerance components...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've built a Green Stinger - a fuzz face or two is looking likely for the future as well.
  • Klone, Big Muff Ram's head, Timmy, BeeJuice, Gristleizer, Deep Blue delay, Lunar shot, FY2 Shin Ei, Klon Buffer, MicroAmp, ROG English Channel...

The last 3 are not moving from my board!
    Trading feedback here
  • ColsCols Frets: 6953
    MkII Tone Bender.  I’ve had a number of Clonebenders over the years, and I’ve always preferred the self-build from a Fuzzdog kit to any of them.

• My latest batch of Fuzzdogs.

Fuzzrite, Fat fuzz factory, Univox square wave and the Sunn model-T.
    Yes i do like things a bit fuzzy!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice. Tell me about that square wave fuzz.. .
  • Nice. Tell me about that square wave fuzz.. .
    Its a nice and splatty germanium fuzz, and you can control each pot with its own bias control built onto the pcb to get the sound you want.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    The Honey Bee is the best one I’ve done (Sweet Honey) overdrive so you could give that a go?

Have also done a TS, EP boost and Meathead. The next one I fancy is a Matamp or Sunny T. 
  • Is the Country Crunch based on the ODR1 ? 
    I went browsing on the website and ended up with £400 worth of drive pedals kits in my basket, need to narrow it down a bit ( I’m a total overdrive addict ).
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    edited September 2019
    @lysander said:
    Is the Country Crunch based on the ODR1 ? 
    I went browsing on the website and ended up with £400 worth of drive pedals kits in my basket, need to narrow it down a bit ( I’m a total overdrive addict ).
    Nope, think its the paisely drive. But Aion do an ODR-1 PCB to which you can also add a bass control. I've built it. 
  • I’ve also built the Aion ODR-1 with bass control, and it is one of my all time favourite low to mid gain drives. I roll the bass off to about 6 out of 10, and it cleans up so well from touch alone.
  • Ah yes I should have seen from the two switches, thanks. I’m not so much into the paisley drive I think.

I still have the dirty kazoo, supreaux, sandbank drive, Eagle Claw and Guv in my basket ...
    Quite a bit of overlap between these appart from the Supreaux I think which is probably its own thing.
    Can anyone who has built these provide some recommendations ?
  • Matt_McG said:
    I’ve also built the Aion ODR-1 with bass control, and it is one of my all time favourite low to mid gain drives. I roll the bass off to about 6 out of 10, and it cleans up so well from touch alone.
    Thanks, I’m tempted by this too, shame they’re US based though, did you get gently caressed by her majesty’s customs and Royal Mail handling fees when ordering from them ?
    As this could easily make the full kit uneconomical.