Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Looking for Reverb pedal options.

What's Hot
TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
It's been a very long while since I have used reverb. My amp reverb is awful and I prefer delay anyway, but I am looking for a simple pedal that I can find a useful reverb setting and forget it.

I don't need presets, just looking for perhaps a few decent settings that I can alternate between. Spring/Room/Plate would be enough. I also don't want to go exotic, just something I can pick up easily because it might end up not being used!

Thanks for your help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Digitech Polara.

Inexpensive, quite a few modes, sounds really good. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7731
    Marshall Reflector or Strymon Flint if you're flush.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 651
    Behringer RV600
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Talisman (plate), set and forget. Sure there is one for sale on here.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    TC Hall of Fame. 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3132
    +1 for the polara, very useable sounds and not as expensive as the flint. I believe I saw a used one in the classifieds for £80 last week. Another alternative is the Mosky Spring reverb (it’s not quite a traditional spring reverb, more 50s verb-delay), it’s a copy of the malleko omicron reverb and is cheap and works a treat.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    I've got a Digitech Digiverb I could part with for £55 - it's not the newest or the best but it does the job for sure. All the options you need plus a few more. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    The Flint does everything you ask for, plus it's got three killer tremolos. But it's £200 used. 

I'd probably look at Boss RV series for what you want. If you can pick up a RV-6 for around £85 I'd get it. You'll sell it quickly if you decide to move it on. Really good reverb pedal. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    Thanks for all your suggestions guys. Appreciated.

I think the Flint is perhaps more than I need and I don't want to spend that much really. Lot's of different ones, I thought there might be a strong consensus on one pedal which would make it easier!

The Boss seems to be in the ballpark and is easy to pickup, even from my local shop. The studio/room where I play is quite dead sounding so when I turn delay off it sounds flat. Just need a bit of sparkle adding.
  • It terms of simplicity, with its one knob operation you cant really beat the TC Electronic HOF Mini. With the Toneprint option you can make it as simple or complex as you choose.
  • Zoolooter said:
    Talisman (plate), set and forget. Sure there is one for sale on here.
    I have one - it really is a lovely pedal and the ability to limit how much low frequency goes through the reverb, along with a pre-delay settign is very handy. IT can also add a really good amount of drive if you want it to.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 597
    Another vote for the Talisman. As well as sounding great, one of its key strengths is how well it works in front of an amp.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9445
    Top 3 for me personally;

1.) Talisman

2.) Big Sky

3.) Polara
    Cheers guys. I will check out the Talisman because it will have to go in front of my amp as the loop is as bad as the reverb on it.
    It will mainly be used clean anyway.
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 850
    Another vote here for Marshall Reflector.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    My Talisman robbed some tone where Strymon and Boss absolutely don't. Otherwise a brilliant pedal.

Anything by DigiTech is good but never actually tried the Polara. 
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited October 2018
    Talisman doesn’t “rob tone” for me, it all depends on your setup - cable length & quality, placement etc. One thing which pisses me off about it though is the distortion that occurs when the high pass knob is set below 12 o clock position or so. At first I thought it was a matter of headroom but the same occurs at 18v. Anyone else experience this?
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
    Cheers guys! 

Been dun up like a kipper thanks to FB!

Never heard of a Talisman but a few of you recommended it so I thought I had better check it out.

Didn't have to go far, one reviewer said it was a great pedal for Albatross. Decision made instantly. I have to tell you that apart from Peter Green nobody plays Albatross better than me!!

And then serendipity happens, truly amazing, right out of the blue, and a FB seller sends me a message saying he just happens to have one for sale.....Hmmm....he must have  a lot of mates in this thread!

So it is winging its way to me as we speak.

Cheers guys.
    Re-robbing tone. It will be in a loop of a G2 so will be isolated from cable runs etc. 

I'll let you know how I get on!
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886