Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Official FB Jam - Quad (Leicester) Edition - Saturday 24th November 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    munckee said:
    After detailed negotiations with @mrkb and @Snags I am going to sit out Leicester and go to Herts jam next week and Snags is going to play my parts on mardy bum and waterloo sunset.

@bridgehouse I am taking the champ to Herts so if you are there I will hand over, if not I will ask either Mark or Snags to take it to Leicester for you.

Ohh, If that's a fender champ amp I'd be happy to transfer it on (but check it out in my music room first) - Im trying to work out if a Silver Jubilee and Fender dual amp setup sounds as awesome as the Black Crowes made it appear.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12253
    It is my champion 600 converted into a tweed champ with 5E1 switch and master volume. Shown here with the tele i assembled after lusting after yours and tone71 tele's at water rats!

https://i.imgur.com/OQdVPJq.jpg
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3261
    edited October 2018
    I am unfortunately having another bad week guitar wise, gonna play some bass tomorrow see if that cheers me up.. I might get through the whatever minutes of the Snow Patrol song but its going to take a bit of work to get through Undertones

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    Could I get added to the reserve list please? (with the intention of coming if someone drops out obviously!)
    hywelg said:
    Could I get added to the reserve list please? (with the intention of coming if someone drops out obviously!)
    Hi @hywelg I think the reserve list is empty, and there’s slots in the jam session - @bridgehouse can you confirm?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    mrkb said:
    hywelg said:
    Hi @hywelg I think the reserve list is empty, and there’s slots in the jam session - @bridgehouse can you confirm?
    Yes - slots available - will add @hywelg
    Excellent.  Just paid.
    Will peruse the song list and see what I'd like to play on. I did see that When My Guitar Gently Weeps has been removed. Shame,  I'd have been up for playing lead on that. 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5325
    Having picked up Mardy Bum and Waterloo Sunset from @munckee (both of which I'm fine with) I think I'm going to need to drop off either "Word Up" or "Get Back".

Ironically "Get Back" is the one I've actually done some work on, even though it's got the most people on it. I'm going to look in detail at Word Up this week - the intro and main chords are fine, but I've not got my head around any of the little bits yet - and will confirm either way asap. If anyone else is wanting to jump in, though, you'd be doing me a favour, as I'm going to be short on practice time.
    hywelg said:
    Will peruse the song list and see what I'd like to play on. I did see that When My Guitar Gently Weeps has been removed. Shame,  I'd have been up for playing lead on that. 
    I think we can add While My Guitar back in if you want to do lead! We’re a few songs down so shouldn’t be a problem. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    yeah can't have too much Beatles! :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    Great. Jeff Healey version much preferred tho. And I do know the intro guitar part that he plays. Don't know any of the rest tho' :)
  • @Bridgehouse Don’t think I’ve paid ! How do I go about it ?
    BillyK57 said:
    @Bridgehouse Don’t think I’ve paid ! How do I go about it ?
    Instructions on first post of this thread - ;) 
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 536
    Snags said:
    Having picked up Mardy Bum and Waterloo Sunset from @munckee (both of which I'm fine with) I think I'm going to need to drop off either "Word Up" or "Get Back".

Ironically "Get Back" is the one I've actually done some work on, even though it's got the most people on it. I'm going to look in detail at Word Up this week - the intro and main chords are fine, but I've not got my head around any of the little bits yet - and will confirm either way asap. If anyone else is wanting to jump in, though, you'd be doing me a favour, as I'm going to be short on practice time.
    I am down for guitar 2 on Word Up and I pretty much know both parts, so happy to do any part you like. 
  • BillyK57 said:
    What a dick I am !! Anyway, done.
    BillyK57 said:
    BillyK57 said:
    What a dick I am !! Anyway, done.
    Not at all - these long threads mean people often don’t revisit the first page ;)
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    @snags - happy to look at get back with you in Herts.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5325
    Ta.  I've got the basics of the foreground part, but they're very scrappy. No time to practice isn't helping matters (which I'll leave there or it will  degenerate into a mildly inebriated rant I'll regret).
  • I'm recently back from holiday (and have a MAJOR case of holiday bless). Will need to get to work on the tunes.