Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What is the Strangest place you played a gig?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• xscaramangaxscaramanga Frets: 436
    edited September 2018
    Oh, I've got another one!

We were at Midem, a big music industry convention in Cannes. Sort of like a European SXSW, but more industry and less public facing. Anyway, our clueless manager had failed to get us a showcase at Midem itself, and instead booked us into a club in town while the convention was on. 

It was a gay bar. No problem there, except this gay bar did not host bands, it had drag acts. Instead of a stage, there was a runway. So we performed the show in single file. 
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I once played at a Pig Farm, got paid £20 as much booze and BBQ pork as I wanted.

That was a great gig!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    Last night played a 90th yes 90th birthday party in a museum. The old boy was spritely and danced with his daughters granddaughters etc. He got up and sang a verse of my way (me and keys had a quick confab on the chords). Party had full meal catering and a free bar! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Under Concorde at the Royal Naval Air Museum...
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71950
    Under Concorde at the Royal Naval Air Museum...
    I hope you played Supersonic by Oasis or Speed Of Sound by Coldplay!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31366
  • A few odd ones, a spray bay in Kittwhistle! a aircraft hangar at Yeovilton, on a minstrels gallery in a 16th century house, but PA was on ground floor, that was strange. 
    On an extension roof of a pub, had to climb out of windows to get on there. 
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    edited October 2018
    clearing in a wood near a lake somewhere in Southern Germany. No idea where exactly, about 2h drive from Tübingen where I lived at the time and I got completely lost in overnight roadworks on the way back. Should have brought a sleeping bag, got wankered and stayed over like the rest of the band. 

Some time in the 90s so no pics