Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

HX Stomp

What's Hot

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    It looks great! I was kind of hoping we’d see a smaller helix control too, a 6 button version would be perfect! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    So.. after you've used one for amp, and one for cab, you are essentially left with 4.... and given the power of the eq blocks with digital stuff .. it could be 3 only .. 
    I might be wrong but I think the amps/cabs are in one block...actually I think I am wrong ...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So.. after you've used one for amp, and one for cab, you are essentially left with 4.... and given the power of the eq blocks with digital stuff .. it could be 3 only .. 
    I might be wrong but I think the amps/cabs are in one block...actually I think I am wrong ...
    They can be in one block, but it’s a locked cab choice with a particular amp 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12881
    edited October 2018
    There are some blocks that are amp+cab in single block. The cabs aren't fixed either, you can change them 

timmysoft said:
    That's probably fine for me eg AC30 I assume? 
    timmysoft said:
    That's probably fine for me eg AC30 I assume? 
    There’s a selection! The Helix JTM45 is particularly good
    I like a lot of my own effects anyway so I'll hook them up somehow. 6 blocks is fine for my needs, and more so with bass. 
  • FishguyFishguy Frets: 31
    I can imagine an awful lot of these hx stomps selling.
    I never considered a helix to be a viable option but it could be a great entry point into the system and may be easier to get a handle on than the bigger units.

Wondering how much a decent pair of monitor speakers would cost
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishguy said:
    I never considered a helix to be a viable option but it could be a great entry point into the system and may be easier to get a handle on than the bigger units.

I think that mirrors my own thoughts. Now it there was a nice vertical frfr option that looked like an angled vertical 2*12 so you could have the traditional vibe and trouser flapping.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• FishguyFishguy Frets: 31
    Fishguy said:

I think that mirrors my own thoughts. Now it there was a nice vertical frfr option that looked like an angled vertical 2*12 so you could have the traditional vibe and trouser flapping.
    I might just just make do with headphones or try plugging it into a Yamaha thr10 for home practice. If i play anything trouser flapping at home, there's going to be lots of angry people!
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    edited October 2018
    timmysoft said:

There are some blocks that are amp+cab in single block. However the cab is fixed in those.
    Well on Helix and Helix Native you can change the cab in the Amp+Cab blocks so I would expect other Helix products with amps to be the same.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • So.. after you've used one for amp, and one for cab, you are essentially left with 4.... and given the power of the eq blocks with digital stuff .. it could be 3 only .. 
    There are some blocks that are amp+cab in single block. However the cab is fixed in those. 

You can totally change the cab in any Amp+Cab blocks. Press PAGE> until the cab name appears and turn the Lower knob. Or press the Lower knob to open the Cab list.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    This is a really great product, it's just what I'm after only the time isn't right for me what with a new a arrival on the horizon. It's the right size to go on my pedal board and it does just about everything I could ask for. The manual has really sold out to me but i think I'm going to have to you wait a while. It's the most exciting thing I've seen since the Zoom MS70CDR only it does vastly more. So much potential in a tiny package. I'm off to watch some YouTube videos with a packet of crisps and a beer!
  • So.. after you've used one for amp, and one for cab, you are essentially left with 4.... and given the power of the eq blocks with digital stuff .. it could be 3 only .. 

You can totally change the cab in any Amp+Cab blocks. Press PAGE> until the cab name appears and turn the Lower knob. Or press the Lower knob to open the Cab list.
    -doh. That'll teach me to listen to others rather than check myself. Amended my original post. 
  • Anyone tried a HX FX with a Kemper? I'm intrigued by this little guy.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Anyone tried a HX FX with a Kemper? I'm intrigued by this little guy.

Works well enough with a Digitech GSP1101 so I don't see why it wouldn't work
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9447
    Anyone tried a HX FX with a Kemper? I'm intrigued by this little guy.
    I did mate...

I love all then helix stuff and the HX is great.

More than enough effects on the Kemper for me though 
  • Thanks both, much appreciated :-) Yep, Warren, I'm reluctant to add, I'll be honest...it was more of a complimentary thing for the studio, but am loathe to add another piece to the puzzle when I've everything I need in the Kemper box!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    So what's the word on UK availability for the HX stomp?
  • John_A said:
    So what's the word on UK availability for the HX stomp?
    Andertons say Nov 9th, I'm sure that was Nov 5th earlier this week.