SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: Kingtone Duellist & Shiva Audio Lil Wave

What's Hot

Comments

• SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    lukedlb said:
    I remember an eastern block pedal builder producing a clone of the duellist with a name like double trouble. 

Yeah, I've seen those advertised !

Would still like to try the Jesse Davey original...pricey though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    A student mine is going to sell me his. I’ll let you know how it goes. If it doesn’t better the options on my amp, I’ll pass it on to you. Yes, it isn’t cheap but it’s an itch I’d still like to scratch. 
    lukedlb said:
    A student mine is going to sell me his. I’ll let you know how it goes. If it doesn’t better the options on my amp, I’ll pass it on to you. Yes, it isn’t cheap but it’s an itch I’d still like to scratch. 
    Sure thing, appreciate the offer.
    Added an H9 to my wants list, any version considered...
  • Marco78Marco78 Frets: 15
    Gadget said:
    I see Luca is now producing the Lil Wave under his Red Seven Amps brand, with a black colour scheme.
    Where can I find it? Thanks! :)
    https://www.redseven-amplification.com/devices/lilwave/#1524303756016-25bfaa72-5530d78c-5eea

Site is not great and there's no order form, but contact them & they'll take care of you I'm sure !
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Got the H9, down to the Duellist & Lil Wave !
    Give them pedals up !!
    So, I asked my student to sell me his duellist and here was his sincere reply:
    Prof! This pedal actually does shit ..., much better a ts 808 of 79 or 80 or 81 with cheap Malaysian original, or an analogman ts 9. Im telling you straight! It's all scene! you have to have the hands of Jesse or Sayce or SRV or Jimi, with this pedal you cannot do anything and it does not even help! That's why Im selling it! There is no sound of Jesse while playing the demos! Trust me, save your money and buy a Timmy by Paul Cocrane! Do that and you’ll have a better result . Put your heart in the notes that you pull and you will see that these pedals don’t do shit! The duellist is not at all versatile and if you do not have very low output pickups, engulfs and thickens the sound. if you push a super reverb or a vibroverb or twin at full volume, you’ll notice that the amp is enough without boosting it with something as shit as the duellist. The pedal is too dark! You have to raise the highs to 10 and keep the volume of a fender above 5 minimum The duellist with Marshall is a load of vomit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    And so, I won’t be buying it. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    lukedlb said:
    Prof! This pedal actually does shit ..., much better a ts 808 of 79 or 80 or 81 with cheap Malaysian original, or an analogman ts 9. Im telling you straight! It's all scene! you have to have the hands of Jesse or Sayce or SRV or Jimi, with this pedal you cannot do anything and it does not even help! That's why Im selling it! There is no sound of Jesse while playing the demos! Trust me, save your money and buy a Timmy by Paul Cocrane! Do that and you’ll have a better result . Put your heart in the notes that you pull and you will see that these pedals don’t do shit! The duellist is not at all versatile and if you do not have very low output pickups, engulfs and thickens the sound. if you push a super reverb or a vibroverb or twin at full volume, you’ll notice that the amp is enough without boosting it with something as shit as the duellist. The pedal is too dark! You have to raise the highs to 10 and keep the volume of a fender above 5 minimum The duellist with Marshall is a load of vomit.
    Is your student Vicky Pollard from Little Britain? :)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    Vicky seems confused as to whether this pedal does or doesn't "do shit" :)
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tone1 said:
    lukedlb said:
    Is your student Vicky Pollard from Little Britain? :)
    Ha! It sounded much better in Italian. 
    Luckily, google translate is still unable to translate feelings so the translation, which I quickly edited, fails to communicate his disappointment and vitriol. In case you are still in doubt, don’t buy the duellist. The Hamstead odyssey does it all and then some. A double foot switch version would be awesome (currently they recommend buying two). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Appreciate that honest dialogue. With that said, I still want to try for myself & see how it sounds when I play through my rig...

Schmo said:

Appreciate that honest dialogue. With that said, I still want to try for myself & see how it sounds when I play through my rig...

I felt the same way and ignored my instincts. I started looking for a duellist 2 years back. Other pedals took its place. Then this one was close to home so I thought about finally trying it and flipping it. My students comments told me to do otherwise. He did add that the Octavia Jesse makes is very good. 
    Have you tried an odyssey? Or a peacemaker?
    Appreciate your suggestions but I’m pretty happy with my drive pedal collection, I just want to try the Duellist out. 
  • PS66PS66 Frets: 20

I own a duellist and its a very versatile pedal..wouldn't be with out it.

Another try...
    My November attempt begins...LOL!