Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Looking for Reverb pedal options.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    Zoolooter said:

Thank you so much for that. I don't want a pre-amp on or any gain. I just want ONE good reverb sound and that's it. 

cheers mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    TA22GT said:
    Re-robbing tone. It will be in a loop of a G2 so will be isolated from cable runs etc. 

I'll let you know how I get on!
    Cool that'll be of interest :)  The Talisman is supposed to be a plate reverb, if it sorts proper Greeny spring as well I'm finding one :)
    clarkefan said:
    TA22GT said:
    Re-robbing tone. It will be in a loop of a G2 so will be isolated from cable runs etc. 

I'll let you know how I get on!
    Cool that'll be of interest :)  The Talisman is supposed to be a plate reverb, if it sorts proper Greeny spring as well I'm finding one :)
    I'll give it a workout on Albatross and Black Magic Woman and let you know!

TBH I like that it only has one reverb function because I will find a sound and forget it. Saves option paralysis.

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Fuengi said:
    My Talisman robbed some tone where Strymon and Boss absolutely don't. Otherwise a brilliant pedal.

Anything by DigiTech is good but never actually tried the Polara. 
    Did you turn the internal pre amp switch off so it's in true bypass mode?
    The Talisman arrived yesterday and I got to play with it today.

It is noisy when it is engaged. I flipped the switch to true by-pass but no different.  It's not intrusive because you can't hear it when you play but it is there in the background when you stop playing. My delay pedals are all silent in the G2 loops.

My Polytune 2 is MUCH nosier than the reverb pedal when you select the tuner out to tune. 

Love the sound! Takes a few minutes to twig what's going on with the controls but it does sound very natural and not like something sitting on top of the sound. It becomes part of the sound.

When I added delay it was like, oh I'm going to have a lot of fun here!

Thanks for the advice guys.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    edited October 2018
    I get zero noise/hiss from mine. This is one of the reasons it was a keeper.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • No noise when I used it either - sounds like a power or rest of rig issue. Glad you are enjoying it regardless
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 378
    @TA22GT ; Does it impact your core tone at all? Does it sound any different in true bypass & buffered mode? Also, have you tried it at 18v?

I have a Hardwire RV-7 which has served me well but, since I pretty much exclusively use the plate setting, I'm thinking I'd maybe like to try a Talisman too.  :)

breadfan said:
    @TA22GT ; Does it impact your core tone at all? Does it sound any different in true bypass & buffered mode? Also, have you tried it at 18v?

I have a Hardwire RV-7 which has served me well but, since I pretty much exclusively use the plate setting, I'm thinking I'd maybe like to try a Talisman too.  :)
    It doesn't impact my core tone at all.
     I lose no high end with or without it on either in buffered or true bypass mode.

It is in a isolated loop of it's own with no other pedal being able to effect it in any way. It is powered by an isolated GigRig power supply and the distributor that feeds it is also isolated. Swapping it with a delay in the same loop results in silence so it is the pedal. Maybe there is a gain trim pot on the PCB that is turned up too high?There is not one showing because the PCB is upside down.

The noise is the same if it is in buffered or true bypass mode. The noise is not loud but when you are used to total silence it can be heard. Your silence may be different to mine! It doesn't bother me.

I will double up the power supply and try it with 18v to see how it sounds.

I like the sound of it and it is all I need. It's very natural unless you go over the top. I just need it to stop my clean sound from being too dry. I used a little delay before but this sounds nicer.
  • Take a look at the two knobber Neunaber Wet, stunning sounds and very easy to dial in.  Does a nice room to  spring reverb but can also do the lovely ambient stuff. And only two knobs!!
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2319
    I've got a polara for sale  Great pedal
  • I am selling a Blackstar Valve Reverb if you're still looking?

one of these https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/blackstar-ht-reverb-536651