Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• @chickenchaser - that'll work as an external audio device, but it won't work as a low-latency interface. You'd need a proper interface for that.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chickenchaserchickenchaser Frets: 24
    edited October 2018
    @digitalscream that'll do me. I'll have a play about with it. Thanks!

Additionally, i've just started playing with my Helix, and so i'm in the very early stages of seeing how it works and what I can do with it. If someone could point me in the direction of where to get some tips and tricks on getting the most out of it without reading the whole thread, that would be much appreciated!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94

Additionally, i've just started playing with my Helix, and so i'm in the very early stages of seeing how it works and what I can do with it. If someone could point me in the direction of where to get some tips and tricks on getting the most out of it without reading the whole thread, that would be much appreciated!
    Start here and work your way through

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439

Plenty out there but see if this helps. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    siremoon said:
    2.7 out this week apparently 
    Posted elsewhere by Mr.Igloo:
    • 2.70 is a major update from a development standpoint, but on paper, it's minor
    • 2.70 has no new models
    • 2.70 has only two things, both of which may be controversial
    • 2.70 will not be ready this week. Next week hopefully
    • 2.70 is not particularly related to the other news that is still happening this week
    Tuner. Please be tuner.
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    TimmyO said:
    siremoon said:
    • 2.70 is a major update from a development standpoint, but on paper, it's minor
    • 2.70 has no new models
    • 2.70 is not particularly related to the other news that is still happening this week
    Tuner. Please be tuner.
    i've has zero problems with the tuner and i'm in drop C!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyO said:
    siremoon said:
    • 2.70 has no new models
    Tuner. Please be tuner.
    Well, if you look at the HX Stomp videos, there's a totally different tuner in there.

Given that they use the same framework for all units in the Helix family, it stands to reason that the rest of them will also get the updated tuner.
    <space for hire>
  • @neilg @rossyamaha thanks for the guidance, interesting to see some different approaches to building patches. I had initially just loaded up a patch with amp and pedals but it was good to learn how to use some of the post reverb ideas. 
  • Also looking at the stomp’s manual tempo sync via midi is coming too. Unless it’s already arrived in a previous update and I missed it?
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Video of the new tuner

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shuikit said:
    Video of the new tuner

Somebody jump the gun with their NDA?
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    I still can't get the looper to keep playing whilst I use the tuner :( 

• sgosden said:
    I still can't get the looper to keep playing whilst I use the tuner :( 

Have you tried putting the tuner in a different signal path?
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    Also, the tuner has a mute setting?
  • @chickenchaser - that'll work as an external audio device, but it won't work as a low-latency interface. You'd need a proper interface for that.
    Type B-Type A converter arrived today. Tried it with that USB sound card and it didnt work. The sound card doesnt receive any power from the port to power it up

• Jumping into this in prep for buying the stomp probably but can helix do a decent transpose for drop tunings? What patch does this well?
  • maidenfanmaidenfan Frets: 197
    Hope I've posted this in the correct place!

following the release of the helix stomp, I am considering either a stomp or just the fx unit. Primarily to get a 'Somewhere in time ' type sound, see link below 

Would the stomp or the fx be the best option ?

This would be going into a Boss Katana.

cheers

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Jumping into this in prep for buying the stomp probably but can helix do a decent transpose for drop tunings? What patch does this well?
    No is the short answer at the moment.  It has a pitch shifter block which is sort of just about ok-ish for single notes but truly awful with chords.  However the hints and rumours are that something vastly superior is in the works for a future release as Line 6 hired some pitch shifting gurus a while back.  
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • siremoon said:
    Jumping into this in prep for buying the stomp probably but can helix do a decent transpose for drop tunings? What patch does this well?
    No is the short answer at the moment.  It has a pitch shifter block which is sort of just about ok-ish for single notes but truly awful with chords.  However the hints and rumours are that something vastly superior is in the works for a future release as Line 6 hired some pitch shifting gurus a while back.  
    Amazing thanks - can manage for now but would be great if they did update 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    siremoon said:
    Amazing thanks - can manage for now but would be great if they did update 
    Line 6 have been on the Ball with their updates - would be surprised if they didn’t do this now the range has expanded so much
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom