Acoustic pedal advice

lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
I have a main pedal board which I use for both electric and acoustic but I'd like to make a new just acoustic board.

Pedals I want are:
Tuner
Boss OC-3 (already own)
Tremolo (already own)
Reverb
Delay

My budget is very limited so can you recommend some good affordable pedals which work well for acoustic?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    I think @preston61 might be able to help here - he's an acoustic man with a good pedalboard. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    Also I know I said it before but the Digitech Digiverb is very good :D

I'm selling a TC Flashback 2 in the classifieds which would cover any delay needs too
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    joetele said:
    I think @preston61 might be able to help here - he's an acoustic man with a good pedalboard. 

Thanks bud

It depends on what you're trying to do with the acoustic and effects.

As far as reverb goes I'd happily recommend a Boss RV5, the modulated effect on that sounds really good with it. It's also versatile enough that you can have other reverb effects if you needed. It's fairly reasonable as well, 2nd hand you're probably looking at £60.

Delay wise, any of the boss DD's will work, but they are crisp. A more analog delay sounding pedal like the Carbon Copy would sit nicely underneath if you're not trying to be too obvious with the effect

• preston61 said:
    joetele said:

Thanks bud

It depends on what you're trying to do with the acoustic and effects.

As far as reverb goes I'd happily recommend a Boss RV5, the modulated effect on that sounds really good with it. It's also versatile enough that you can have other reverb effects if you needed. It's fairly reasonable as well, 2nd hand you're probably looking at £60.

Delay wise, any of the boss DD's will work, but they are crisp. A more analog delay sounding pedal like the Carbon Copy would sit nicely underneath if you're not trying to be too obvious with the effect

Thanks. Delay will only be used subtly so more analogue I think. Reverb I want a general room/hall but for finger picking want aomethuso a bit more ambient.
  • In terms of tuners, there's lots of budget ones -mooer etc. Are there any good tuners other than the usual Polytune or Boss?
  • The other option is a multi effects unit like the Fishman Tonedeq but even used they seem pricey
    The other option is a multi effects unit like the Fishman Tonedeq but even used they seem pricey

Personally I wouldn't go for one of those. Fishman stuff is great but the way they've set up the pedal means that you can only use reverb or delay, which is very limiting. The same goes for the Chorus/Tremolo/Flanger, you can only use one at a time. The compressor, if its the same as the one on the Aura spectrum, is subtle but nice, but personally I don't think you get much versatility for the price.

Sure it's a great solution if you need a DI with good EQ settings as well, however for adding effects I'm not sure it's the right thing, an M9 would probably be better, also has a tuner built in as well

• Boss CP-1X compressor is supposed to be good with an acoustic setup or maybe a TC Spark Boost mini, I have the Boss comp and it's brilliant, I've seen quite a few demos with with acoustic users and it sounds great 
  • PS66PS66 Frets: 20
    edited October 2018

L.R Baggs Venue..excellent pedal!! and a HOF Reverb

http://i67.tinypic.com/qxm3pz.jpg

PS66 said:

I use, love, and could not gig without the Venue DI and the Align Session, LR Baggs make some very useful stuff
  • PS66PS66 Frets: 20
    preston61 said:
    PS66 said:

I use, love, and could not gig without the Venue DI and the Align Session, LR Baggs make some very useful stuff

Yip..excellent pedal..although I find the Tuner a little jumpy which is why the Polytune is on the board
    PS66 said:
    preston61 said:
    PS66 said:

Yip..excellent pedal..although I find the Tuner a little jumpy which is why the Polytune is on the board

I think the tuner is great, so much so that I got rid of my Polytune Mini :-)

Once I realised how to use it properly that is (the switching off after not being used for a while threw me the first few times)