How did we do?

What's Hot
mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
Now I know my voice isn't the best at all, try to do best with what I have.  We formed around jam/open mic we used to run as a house band.  I haven't played since i was 18 and never really sang before at all. 

Started playing again when i was 42 (2yr ago) and due to wee lad being non verbal autistic the only chance i got to practise at all really was at the weekly jam (so not a hell of a lot really).  Anyway with all that said I am quite proud of our performance here and like the way the arrangement works with slow 1st verse.

Just wanted to get a little feedback from guys who know what they are doing.  Yeah i know i got a bit shouty on one bit (was a long night and that was last song and just struggled trying to get pitch) and to compound that we had dragged sound man up to sit on drums and Internal dslr mic accentuated it.  Also think camera got too close to my stage monitor :lol: 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Decent man. Could've boosted the solos a touch, and there's a zillion guitarists on stage. Sounded tight.

• mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    edited September 2018
    3 guitarists but then I don't play when i am singing (as we formed round jam it just worked out like that and usually its just 2).  I had set up solo boost on my floor board but also ended up turning amp up too (that's what you can see me doing after main body of song finished).  Also think volumes/levels were better when there in person but as usual didn't pick up as well on camera.

Guess having the sound man on drums didn't help here as sure he'd have been keeping an eye on solo and vocal levels etc.
  • EggmanEggman Frets: 43
    I like your voice, and I think it works nicely with the general sound of the band. Nice guitar, too. I'm no expert, (and I don't really know what I'm doing!) , but you have to remember that neither are the people in the audience. They're the ones who matter.
    Well done.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    edited October 2018
    There was me being redicilously critical of my voice too (though i guess its possible for it to be liked and need some work/done better in places).

335 is just an old Korean copy from Maison though with a few upgrades now ;)