What is your ‘sound’?

What's Hot

Comments

• MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3012
    edited October 2018
    At the moment, simply some blues or rock on a Vintage Lemon Drop on the middle out of phase position with some light crunch on a blackstar fly 3 on the sofa or, through my pedal board with a DOD looking glass, source audio gemini chorus, digitech obscura and eqd dispatch master into katana 100 for some sonic explorations. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fender Single coils into a fairly cooking Vox with a boost always on. Currently AC15hw and a Broadcast.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6848
    edited October 2018
    All of the gain. bit bassy, bit trebley and add a little bit of mids, but not too much mids. 

Scooped but not fully. 

Just a home player so no need to cut through anything. I like that. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
    Clean, I’m basically after the Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions Sound...

...modulated, I go wild for Eric Haugen playing Marc Ribot.

I really need to sell a bunch of drive pedals :)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    p90fool said:
    Anything expressive, with potential for light and shade. 
    This is my go to sound mainly;

Lovely!

Unusual to see the P90 bridge and humbucker neck, I've only see it the other way round or both the same
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3434
    Little Vox Cambridge, mid boost, gain so its just starting to get dirty, fair bit of reverb, bright and clear, mostly Telecaster.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33780
    High gain, often with an octaver, usually with humbucker, sweeping through arpeggios and hitting the chord changes half a beat early.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I love loads of different tones but if I had to pick one it would be the breaking up glassy sound of a Strat neck pickup through a Vox or Fender
  • vizviz Frets: 10680
    thebreeze said:
    p90fool said:

Always enjoy seeing this - thanks for posting.

viz said:
    Basic overdriven sound, as provided by a 40-year-old Gibson Les Paul, a Keeley overdrive and Steve Vai’s old Carvin Legacy :)

https://youtu.be/P5frIyOEwZ4
    How did you record this?  Do you have special gear or is it merely just putting an iPhone by the speaker? (that's a question for both of you!)
    Iphone :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    all mine are on the AX8 - the one I use by default is a Mesa profile, reasonably dirty/crunchy with a bit of reverb. I usually play with the bridge single/coil & middle pickup combined position as it takes away some of the dirt but keeps a nice bright sound...then for a crunchier rhythm for band/recording I can just switch to the bridge pickup. I like to keep a fairly dry sound - this is a profile I got online from someone who makes them and I've just tweaked it a bit. For lead it's a similar sound with more mids and a bit of delay. Clean is the Suhr Badger profile which is my favourite clean sound on the AX8. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31464
    Great sound @viz , I do like a Deluxe!

@thebreeze it's just a Moto G4 propped on a chair
  • vizviz Frets: 10680
    p90fool said:
    Great sound @viz , I do like a Deluxe!

@thebreeze it's just a Moto G4 propped on a chair
    So’s yours :)
    Yep that deluxe is right creamy. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72210
    JerkMoans said:
    Nice to hear someone else mention them! I like the guitar sounds a lot too - including the at first inappropriate sounding use of distortion and fuzz in places. I often like what happens when a non-classic-rock player gets hold of stuff like that :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• It's  whatever I'm feeling like on a given day and can be anything from unplugged acoustic to 5 or 6  effects, a Tele and a tube amp.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3058
    Mine is the old Les Paul + EP type boost into Marshally type thing. It's just been variations on this for about 10 years.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3581
    Since most guitar is chords/rhythm I set the basic valve amp for that clean and punchy rather than interferring with bass, vocals and Keys. Then I use the best (to me) guitar and pickup configuration. So Strat would be bridge/middle and tone backed off or Just Neck. Tele would be either PU and judicious use of tone if required. 335 would likely be both PUs and blend the volumes.
    After that simple pedals set to sound nice and they are either on or off singularly or in combination. Lead overdrive would be typically soft middy tone and echo.
    The rest is down to the head/hands that make sit musical (or not)!

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    edited October 2018
    EMG 81, high gain high wattage head & closed back cab or a simulation of.  Recto, 5150 etc, definitely a Mesa V30 cab.

My lead sound is like if 80s George Lynch kind of forgot how to play.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
    ICBM said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Nice to hear someone else mention them! I like the guitar sounds a lot too - including the at first inappropriate sounding use of distortion and fuzz in places. I often like what happens when a non-classic-rock player gets hold of stuff like that :).
    Oh I could wax lyrical about CJs all day, and especially that album.  LOVE the stripped down, laid back feel of the thing. 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Strat (bridge pickup - overwound) > Rat (everything at about  9pm) > WEM Dominator Mk 3 Bass with 15" speaker

With occasional boosts and delays before and after the Rat to taste.
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    p90fool said:

I really enjoyed that! Fantastic sound and style. :)