Broadband provider? Who's on what? And how much?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Oh and forgot to mention a good web resource: http://www.ispreview.co.uk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5325
    @Phil_aka_Pip If you're using an actual BT email address you're screwed.  Best thing for portability is to either drink one of the big boy's kool aid and get a freebie GMail or Outlook.com address, or for modest outlay register your own domain and get a basic, cheap mailbox somewhere (or set up an alias that redirects to one of the freebies).

That way your email is independent of the service provider.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I'm with Sky - it is totally reliable.

Speeds are acceptable - 64 Mbps down 20 Mbps up.

No traffic management at any time.

Although it's Sky, not a company I favour, I have to admit their broadband package is excellent. I've stopped using their router, only as the one I have (Sky Q Hub) only has two LAN ports and I have a few devices I prefer to use wired but it is perfectly acceptable and better than most provider routers. Now use a TP-Link AC2800 which is excellent.

• @Snags I guess you're right
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    BT are annoying in that you have to call the Sales team to get a decent price at end of every deal "term". Otherwise you get fleeced to compared to others.
    Agreed. 
    If they can continue to offer the service at the price then just feckin' continue to offer the service at the price. 
    Don't make me haggle like a tourist in a Turkish bazaar  cos I can't be arsed and I'll go with someone who doesn't annoy me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Grunfeld said:
    BT are annoying in that you have to call the Sales team to get a decent price at end of every deal "term". Otherwise you get fleeced to compared to others.
    Agreed. 
    If they can continue to offer the service at the price then just feckin' continue to offer the service at the price. 
    Don't make me haggle like a tourist in a Turkish bazaar  cos I can't be arsed and I'll go with someone who doesn't annoy me!
    Good luck with that - seems to be the case with everything that is sold with a fixed term, home insurance, car insurance, utilities... you always need to haggle or revisit the market for the best deal.