Rosewell Amps

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3021
    john_r said:
    if I had the funds would snap up that blues king at that price!
    Yeah, me too. And I don't even need it! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
    I just did.....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunm said:
    I just did.....
    did you beat me to it? Been eying to pull the trigger on that all week LOL!

shaunm said:
    I just did.....
    I did mate, I’ve been eyeing it up too. I have no idea what I am going to use an 80 watt tweed for though??
  • shaunm said:
    shaunm said:
    I just did.....
    I did mate, I’ve been eyeing it up too. I have no idea what I am going to use an 80 watt tweed for though??
    should be awesome, if its sounds anything like the Fender JB Twin you'll be very happy

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    shaunm said:
    shaunm said:
    I just did.....
    Point it over the Pennines towards Lancs and wake the f*ckers up. Early. Every morning. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @McToot hahaha. I could wake up Coventry I bet.

Simon if I can make it sound like that I’d be happy. I know my limitations though
  • john_rjohn_r Frets: 123
    shaunm said:
    I just did.....
    Nice one let us know how loud you can get it!
    john_r said:
    shaunm said:
    I just did.....
    Nice one let us know how loud you can get it!
    @john_r I should think not loud enough to overdrive
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So I tried the amp out today having paid a deposit sight unseen. It was way too much, the volume was massive and as nice as the cleans are on it I prefer the cleans on my JTM45. 

Richtone also had in a 40watt Rosewell 5e3 head that Dave made for the Vacines. Lovely amp, sounded great but I didn’t buy that one either as it didn’t really grab me. 

Both are really well made amps and for the prices they are available for they are amazing buys. But neither were for me. 

In a strange twist of fate I walked out with a Fender 68 Princeton Reverb. 
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited October 2018
    The Vaccines one was mine briefly i returned it this morning, i bought it via the net. Lovely amp but yes didnt grab me enough either. Funny enough im looking at the Tweed Deluxe/Princeton/Deluxe Reverb myself but havent tried all back to back. What made you settle for the Princeton @shaunm ?

The Vaccines one was mine briefly i returned it this morning, i bought it via the net. Lovely amp but yes didnt grab me enough either. Funny enough im looking at the Tweed Deluxe/Princeton/Deluxe Reverb myself but havent tried all back to back. What made you settle for the Princeton @shaunm ?
    Ah, he said he had just got that one back in. It was a good amp, not for me though.

The reason I went for the Princeton. My amps I have already are a JTM45, A Vox AC15 and a Laney Lionheart 4x10. When I tried the big tweed I thought the JTM cleans were nicer though I loved the breakup on the tweed it was just too loud by that point and I’d never use it.

I tried both variants of the Princeton. I love the 65 but the 68 gave me the Peter Green sound or maybe Mike Bloomfield. I just liked it. I A/B/C’d the two Princeton’s and the deluxe reverb and I liked them all. However the 22 watt custom deluxe reverb sounded lovely, there was just no reason to buy it over the 68 Princeton. I didn’t really like the vintage channel and the custom channel sounded just like the Princeton. 

Ultimately the little Fender gives me a sound I didn’t have in any of my other amps. The tweed sound I already have something close. I tend to use an amp for a specific job, I don’t like multi channel amps, I prefer a good amp to do one thing well and the Princeton has a sound of its own. Just like the Vox, JTM45 and the Laney. 
  • Agree im a plug and play type and prefer most if not all of the sound direct from the amp. Not big on effects etc. Interesting the 68 sounded better. Must try and A/B them.

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12253
    I have the 68 Princeton it's a great amp for home. With a tubescreamer it's great. I particularly like the tremolo. 
    I’m sure there are many who prefer the 65, it’s a great amp. Just for me I loved the 68. Perhaps looking at the amps I have it’s all about the break up? All of them have an easily accessable break up point.  
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 219
    @shaunm you didn't buy it? Damn you man!
    P.S. you need to come over soon and try the newbies
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @horsehead I didn’t, it was just too much, way more than I could reasonably use. Sounded good though when it did break up. 

We do need a gear day, @Panama_Jack666 and I have one booked in too
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 219
    shaunm said:
    @horsehead I didn’t, it was just too much, way more than I could reasonably use. Sounded good though when it did break up. 

We do need a gear day, @Panama_Jack666 and I have one booked in too

Lucky sods! Let me know when you're around and available!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom