NGD Musicman Petrucci Silliness

sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
edited October 2018 in Guitar
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    those are awesome guitars, I'd like to try one again (brief go in Andertons through a crap amp not enough!). Nice purchase  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Love that colour. 
    Looks great
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    Cheers, well if you are ever on the M40 corridor you are more than welcome to give it a thrash, have to be through my Kemper though :)
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    thanks, I will shout if I am  =) @meltedbuzzbox is right too - that's the best colour for these. What are the switching options btw? I couldn't figure it out in the shop, and the assistant who was going to tell me buggered off and never returned!
    Well, I collect it at lunchtime, I’m assuming that the top toggle switches between mag and piezo with both on in the middle position
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 610
    sweepy said:
    Well, I collect it at lunchtime, I’m assuming that the top toggle switches between mag and piezo with both on in the middle position

Yep, that's correct. The 3rd control knob is a blend between mag & piezo when you are in the middle both on postion.

Also has fine tune the trim pots on the back to set it up exactly how you like on the back on most BFR models

Great snag @sweepy   ; If you are north of the water in Essex @Vibetronic you are welcome to look over my BFR JP6 with piezo and plain JP6

Superbly built these babies & great feel to those necks

• Congrats mate!

Was in PMT the other day when a member of staff reluctantly handed one of these to a kid to play about on, he mentioned that they are "currently the best made guitars in the world". Make of that what you will, I can't say I'm on board with anything these people spout out, but that is a beauty and I bet it will play great! :-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • That's lovely, great colour too. I've never seen one with a blade pickup selector either, I've only every seen two toggles.
    I’ve had a JP7 and a Majesty, neither really floated my boat whereas this seems a much better fit for me 
  • Good work. That's a lot of versatility that'd be hard to tire of.I hope you two will be very happy together.
  • Gz!
    Always loved DT up until 6 degrees (Or whatever it was called)...
    On a related note - has anybody played the Sterling models? There's one very attractively priced near me in perfect nick and I also have an empty musicman case.....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life