Ben Harper's slide playing on rig run down.

What's Hot
markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
Amazing. I no nothing about slide but this sounds so good.

head to 56.40
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    and any excuse to post this track.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 948
    Big fan of Ben's older stuff up until Burn to Shine where I lost interest sadly. Great slide player and songwriter (even if some of the lyrics are a tad obvious), and somehow the drums always sound fantastic too. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72227
    edited October 2018
    Here's one you might not know...

When I first heard this on the radio I loved it so much I bought the album, but I never liked the rest of it. I later got a couple more of her albums as well because I was still somehow mesmerised by this song, and didn't like those either - I just don't like her voice or her songs, and the way she usually arranges them. But this one is different.

Some years after that I accidentally discovered Ben Harper and it was immediately obvious to me why I loved this song... went and read the album credits and in very small print he is of course listed as the guitar player . So it turns out I liked Ben Harper and not Beth Orton all along .

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• joetelejoetele Frets: 948
    ICBM said:
    Here's one you might not know...

When I first heard this on the radio I loved it so much I bought the album, but I never really liked the rest of it. I later got a couple more of her albums as well because I was still somehow mesmerised by this song, and didn't like those either - I just don't like her voice or her songs, and the way she usually arranges them. But this one is different.

Some years after that I accidentally discovered Ben Harper and it was immediately obvious to me why I loved this song... went and read the album credits and in very small print he is of course listed as the guitar player . So it turns out I liked Ben Harper and not Beth Orton all along .
    Is that from the album with 'She Cries her Name' on? 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72227
    joetele said:

Is that from the album with 'She Cries her Name' on? 
    No, that's on Trailer Park - this one is on Central Reservation.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Funny how you discover these things.  I first came across Ben Harper and relentless 7 after watching this ridiculous skate boarding video.

bought the album, and it's been a favourite ever since.