Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3185
    Got these on my les Paul special that I added a bigsby to. They have made string breakages a rarer occurance and just mellow a little top end, which sounds great to my ears. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I really didn't like the nylon saddles that came with my 345. I replaced the bridge with a tonepro and all the sparkle was suddenly there. 
    For me the nylon deadens the sound
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Took them off my 335 much brighter top end
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3185
    I guess what is great about them is it’s a fully reversible mod, if you like that loss of top end (that on a particular guitar with certain pickups I did) or equally as others have mentioned feel it kills the sound, you can just change it back.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14174
    tFB Trader
    They had them on the EBG strings on certain JoBo models - Not sure if he still favours them, but for a while he was into them

They do 'mellow' the tone
  • westwest Frets: 996
    ive got the tonepros graph tech ones they seem fine to me ...
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I always wanted to try a set of nylon saddles but they don't seem to exist for Faber bridges as far as I know.