SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT - 1969 Deluxe Reverb

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• brooombrooom Frets: 1173
    edited October 2018
    Straight dollar <-> pounds is a good rough way to estimate it.

But in my experience with some more diligent sellers it doesn't always work out in your favour and shipping/customs declared price can put quite a dent on the final price.

Also I find a lot of people here on the forum sometimes use reverb's price guides to argue on prices, however reverb's price guide is highly biased towards american princing, which is obviously not the same as UK pricing. Especially when we're talking about american made products.

Again, I'm yet to see deluxe reverbs/princeton reverb from 64-69 for sale at price points below 1700 here in the UK.

I've never played a brown vibroverb, but I believe you when you say it's great. I have however played blonde tremoluxes and brown supers, my favourite being the early version of the circuit with the tone stack similar to a baxandall type (volume at the center). And they were great amps, I just happen to have a thing to blackface/silverface fenders. Growing up playing them and all.

A vibroverb from that period will be a very rare catch indeed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30863
    edited October 2018
    @broom Totally agree re Supers. They're also relatively accessible. Like around £2k-2.5k. Agree re the centre volume.

Brownface is, IMO, the greatest Fender era. The only one that's a little over-rated is the 1 x 12 Vibrolux, which doesn't have the same harmonic trem as the others.

Another real sleeper to me is a Tweed Tremolux- divine amp.

I guess I might subconconciously downvalue SF's as I find them too bright and I don't like the 'design look' as I do others. (edit a bit silly as a drip is the same as a BF!)

Here's a minter from Regent Sounds; 1999 is asking- I am sure they'd take 1700/1800 and that's a dealer in Denmark St.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4998
    brooom said:
    I'm talking about deluxe reverbs only.

Nope... mine sold for £1900. But @fretfinder it's not really about what you expect. It's more about what you see in the market. Which is why I was interested in @gassage 's point of view as he was using market values as a baseline, I believe.
    Wow, you sold an amp for £1900 that you were advertising for £1750?! Clearly I’m doing something very wrong with my sales!  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30863
    brooom said:
    I'm talking about deluxe reverbs only.

Nope... mine sold for £1900. But @fretfinder it's not really about what you expect. It's more about what you see in the market. Which is why I was interested in @gassage 's point of view as he was using market values as a baseline, I believe.
    Wow, you sold an amp for £1900 that you were advertising for £1750?! Clearly I’m doing something very wrong with my sales!  :)
    @brooom 's was a rather wonderful Blackface. it was gorgeous.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

edited October 2018
    @fretfinder ;; - I don't remember advertising it for that price at all? If you check reverb (in sold mode) you'll see I had it over there at £1900. I had it over here very temporarily for £1800 for a week or so and then back to £1900. And yes we're talking about the same amp you showed interest in, at some point, but chose not to pursue.

My amp had seen some gigging action (especially if you looked at the grill cloth). But it was in full working condition and fairly original, with the exception of the electrolytics which were replaced with decent quality sprague atoms.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4998
    brooom said:
    @fretfinder ;; - I don't remember advertising it for that price at all? If you check reverb (in sold mode) you'll see I had it over there at £1900. I had it over here very temporarily for £1800 for a week or so and then back to £1900.
    You advertised it for £1750 in your own thread here, assuming it’s the same amp...
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/126080/65-amps-apollo-cab-1966-deluxe-reverb-magic-amps-x-brit-vintage-marshall-jmp/p1
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    edited October 2018
    I discontinued that thread after about a week of having it at that price and asking @TTony whether he would mind if I opened a new topic.

So like I said above, with the exception of a week where I lowered prices on some of the gear I was selling, my price point as always been either 1900 or above. In fact look at the date I last updated the sale and then look at the message and date on the last post I did on that thread. And you'll be able to confirm this.

I'm also glad you went through the trouble of digging this up, but it still doesn't change the fact that the amp has sold this week on reverb for £1900

My advice to @strat84 is to not undersell his amp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • strat84strat84 Frets: 314
    Bump
  • Hello there, don't know if you will be interested but I'll have a go, I have a 95 vibrolux custom reverb, blonde and tan...musicman RD50 mint, musicman 2x12,  scruffy tweed blues deville,  Marshall bluesbreaker with flight case, not really vintage stuff here, but something might jump out at you, plus I'm not far from you, and of course cash your way, thanks Pat.
    Thanks Pat, some nice stuff there! I'll have to pass though I'm afraid as it's just the amps that are listed I'm after. Cheers anyway
    Bump
  • I sold an original ‘69 Vibrolux for £950. Was the most I could seem to get for it about a year ago.